New Material - Evans and Stokes

Jul 11, 2018, 08:03 PM

Our album Valley of the Kings was released just over two months ago and we are already working on new material. So far the music for 7 songs is written and recorded, and one of the songs is nearly 12 minutes long (yikes!). Jenny is working on lyrics and vocals for all of them now, but we’re still months away from releasing it.

Here is a sample of one of the songs titled ‘Disciple’. At least for now, that title could change down the road.

This also is not the final mix of the song, but pretty close. The mix always changes once vocals are inserted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKKPn2_T0dA&feature=youtu.be

[ Edited: 17 July 2018 09:49 PM by John Evans]

John Evans Joined Oct 01, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 11, 2018, 09:56 PM

Very nice, but the burning question is this. Is that Donald Trump in your avatar or you with a cloud drifting across your forehead?

The track sounds awesome.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 12, 2018, 05:05 PM

This rocks mate, I love it. Decent video too so far. I would say that the intro is wayyyyy too long but as you said, it’s not the final version. I’m looking forward to hearing the finished release.

RealKevM Joined Jan 12, 2018
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 12, 2018, 06:16 PM
Gavin Sinclair - 11 July 2018 09:56 PM

Very nice, but the burning question is this. Is that Donald Trump in your avatar or you with a cloud drifting across your forehead?

The track sounds awesome.

LOL. No…not Donald Trump. But I do hope that Evans and Stokes music will one day make America great again :)

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 12, 2018, 06:20 PM
RealKevM - 12 July 2018 05:05 PM

This rocks mate, I love it. Decent video too so far. I would say that the intro is wayyyyy too long but as you said, it’s not the final version. I’m looking forward to hearing the finished release.

Thanks! The intro is actually longer than the sample I provided. The entire song is about 4:30 long. But there will be vocals added, so this sample just showcases the music direction we’re taking. With vocals added it will give it a different feel and hopefully not seem too long. I have a habit of creating an acoustic or clean tone intro to nearly every song I write. There is just something about the crashing in of heavy guitars and drums that I love. I like when the soft and gentle intro gets destroyed by METAL, but then gets revisited in the song again somewhere in the middle or end.

I’m going to post another tune ‘Savior’ where I did the same thing and the soft intro gets revisited two more times as the chorus, but with a bit of distortion.

[ Edited: 12 July 2018 06:32 PM by John Evans]

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 12, 2018, 09:15 PM

Sounds really good! Looking forward to the finished product.

carroll kiphen Joined Feb 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM