The Nashville Based   SONG WRITERS MUSIC GROUP

Oct 17, 2018, 06:21 AM

Hi Guys and Gals   A site came up that I know nothing about , but I

wondered if anyone had used them in the past or present

I dont use these sites myself ,  and a lot of the songs they list

are pretty old stuff, recorded back in the days when NASHVILLE

was a busy City,  when some of the Big Writers lived and worked there

These days with Country Music Publishers and Recording Studios shutting up shop,

I wondered if they were an Older Company with a Good reputation

I have no interest in using them or others as My Work is mainly in Europe including the UK

and FRANCE

Peter Kristian Joined Jan 11, 2008
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 17, 2018, 01:48 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=songwriters+music+group&oq=Songwriters+music+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.14702j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Some things to click around on and consider. What avenue a Song takes to market can vary. This might be one. Or it might simply be a demo for a fee company which takes your money, supplies a demo of your Song whether it has real market value or not. They say they ‘send’ demos to artists, and list names and show pictures of artists, but have they had any success? Do the recipients actually listen to the submissions? Does the company have a good name among those artists/recipients?

Perhaps most important, can they take a mediocre Lyric or Lyric and Melody and present it as a marketable product? My guess is if you don’t have a good Song no one else is going to make it good.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 18, 2018, 08:57 AM

Peter, I don’t know where you get your information, but Nashville is STILL a pretty big hub for songwriters, actually this is the place most people from New York, LA, Austin, London, Toronto, etc. actually come to. And you can’t go anywhere in the town without tripping over some rock star or Hollywood celebrity here trying to set up shop. This includes some of the biggest writers in the country. They’re here all the time because most of the actual “songwriting” in most other hubs, played out long ago in lieu of the technical side of the industry.

This organization has been around for many years, and is one of many. As far as their success ratio, I can’t really tell you as I don’t know a lot of people that speak too highly of any of these “pitch services.” The problem everyone has in this period is, as always, the INSIDE CUT. These are the artists themselves, (now EVERYONE is a writer, and most artists are signed as writers for a couple of years before they get label deals. ?They make the rounds writing with all the hit writers so that those people will have songs in the pipeline if the artists get deals. Most deals last a year to 18 months so they are given a test period before being released to the public, or are dropped by the labels and publishers. Most publishers now are developing the artists, so those artists are indebted to the publishers going in.

And yes, a lot of publishers are “shutting down shop"while being replaced by new ones starting. You can’t find office space now, the rates are sky high, and we have around 600 people a week moving here, a majority of those have some dreams of being involved in the music business. Revenues, and traffic are at all time highs.

What that means to any MAIL IN company, is that they are encroached on by even more competition.  It would be like you trying to keep your balance in your job that you have done for decades, newer people coming in trying to replace you at every turn, and people from out of town that you have never met, or know anything about, continually contacting you via email, text and phone calls, trying to get you to promote their product over your own.
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. And never has.

This is a hands on business. And the more the Internet is involved, along with it’s down side viruses, scams, people trying to separate you from your money the more inside it gets. People in positions of power, are besieged by inside people, even those they know that can’t get anything heard. Outsiders might as well hang that one up unless they are just wanting to throw some money away.

If writers want to actually do something for their careers, they will spend their time focusing on finding their own artists and if artists want to do something for theirs, they will build teams of people, including songwriters writing for them.

Aside from that, you can kind of ignore most of these companies. If a company offers opportunities for their members to get together face to face, meet, interact, such as the TAXI ROAD RALLY in Los Angeles every year, participate in industry events, and help in the networking aspect, that is a very positive thing. If they are only wanting to get songs and money via email, or some other faceless entity, I’d probably pass.

You always have to remember that everyone is in DIRECT COMPETITION with each other. How much would you help your competition to the disadvantage of yourself?

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM