Alert: SW101 will be closing down as of April 1, 2019. Read More.

Outboard CD Burners

Nov 21, 2004, 05:56 PM

I’ve recently “completed” a home recording studio, not DAW but a good old fashioned rack system with an ADAT multitrack as the core recording unit. The only thing I’m missing is a good but inexpensive outboard cd burner to master demos and upload my music to SoundClick or another related music showcase website. My eyes have sufficiently glazed over at the selection that’s available, and I could use some advice and/or recommendations.

I’m a typically poverty-stricken songwriter, so I’d like to know if buying new is really an advantage over used units, what brands are more dependable and durable than others, etc. I don’t (think I) need too much for bells and whistles, as I have gear for eq, compression, mixing, etc. I don’t need duplicating capability, a single disc unit would do…As long as what I record can be downloaded onto my PC for upload.

Is there a solid choice out there (Sony-Phillips-Tascam-Onandonandon) or are they pretty much the same? Is there a site I can go to to read up on comparisons?

Thanks for any help
Eric

Eric Riehle Joined Nov 20, 2004
  • Rank

Send PM