Alert: SW101 will be closing down as of April 1, 2019. Read More.

Nashville Song Service

Mar 02, 2005, 10:49 AM

Does anyone out there know anything about the company Nashville Song Service(http://www.nashvillesongservice.com)? The BBB says A-OK since opening in 2002. Thanks for any input you may have.

Dallas Marshall Joined Mar 02, 2005
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 10, 2005, 09:58 PM

I am researching them myself. There are a lot of red flags up about them. Legitimate publishers seem to refrain from “selling” themselves.

And I have had new songwriters submitting songs for critiquesto me with them listed as the publisher. Why are songwriter’s submitting to me for a critique when they have a publisher?

I would be careful dealing with them. If they record demos, try to make you pay up front for any portion of those demos, and take some of your publishing…RUN THE OTHER WAY!

drecaphila Joined Jun 10, 2005
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 22, 2005, 09:05 AM

If they have anything to do with nashville music productions, my advice is steer cleer, my granny had a demo cut of eight decent songs she wrote, she checked them out with BBB and same A-OK, the thing is it’s awlful!!!!
She paid them…well let’s say a little chunk of change for junk..

Crystal Collins 2 Joined Jun 21, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 24, 2005, 03:43 PM

Well they are not the same, I’ve checked out the web-site. So the question still remains…...has anybody dealt with them???

Crystal Collins 2 Joined Jun 21, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 29, 2005, 12:38 AM

Unfortunately, it is not that hard to check out with the BBB. That doesn’t make what they are doing right.

If anyone can give me some names to contact, I will gladly check it out. I have a few, and know where their office is, so I will scope it out. My thought is they are not a legitimate resource for anyone. Steer clear of these people. While what it seems they are doing is not a scam…it is only not a scam by the thinnest of margins.

Rule of thumb….there are several organizations in town who will check people out and figure out if you should even be dealing with them or not.

Always go through these safety nets when dealing with Nashville.

1. ASCAP
2. BMI
3. SESAC
4. NSAI -Nashville Songwriters Association International
5. SGA- Songwriters Guild of America

If you are a member of ASCP, BMI. or SESAC…speak with your writer rep.

4,5….call and tell them you are trying to verify some information on a company, or person…and if they can help they will.

Also, consider some programs at the local universities here (Middle Tennessee State University, Belmont University, Vanderbilt, Trevecca, Nashville Tech, TSU, just to name a few). They usually have great faculty, and very well connected faculty and student bodies. If you are lost about the music industry in Nashville at least…these are all great places to go and learn all about it with a bunch of people who will be trudging into the business themselves.

dreca phila Joined Jun 29, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 29, 2005, 12:52 AM

Well said dreca

Kenn Lee Joined Jun 01, 2004
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 30, 2005, 03:20 AM