Alert: SW101 will be closing down as of April 1, 2019. Read More.

Free Recording Software

Mar 06, 2005, 04:45 PM

Hi
I just wanted to post this web site for those who like me are po’folk but want to record on their computer.
This site has some great software/freeware but I’d stay away from the Shareware, never know what yer gettin. Check’em out, after all free is free!

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MULTITRACK_RECORDING/

I downloaded several of them the best ones are:
QuartzAudioMaster
QuartzStudioFREE
WavePad
Kristal

Guitar Moma Joined Mar 06, 2005
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 08, 2005, 12:59 PM

Hi

I am just getting started trying to record some of my songs for our worship group.  Thank you for the tip.  However, the program just froze up on start-up.  Do you know of any other (free) programs.  I have a MIDI keyboard that has an internal memory, (2 songs), that I would like to save to my hard drive then record it to a CD so that we can all hear it and play.  I’ve been reading about all the cool software tht i can buy, but I would have to buy a new computer first.

Bart

B Travaglini Joined Feb 15, 2005
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 08, 2005, 02:30 PM

Those programs havent froze up on me….Have you run defrag lately? or run a spyware program? could be your pooter froze cuz it’s full of junk etc… try downloading as-aware a spy removal tool, spywareblaster works well too.
try a google search on “spyware removal” and download those I mentioned if you havent already got them installed.

• Rank

Send PM

Mar 08, 2005, 03:54 PM

I record my songs from a keyboard to a Tascam portastudio(tape). From there I can store my songs on my hard drive using a program called Audacity which is available for free. This allows you to export the file as a WAV file or a mp3 file and from there you can burn it on a CD.

Isaac Zamora Joined Aug 09, 2004
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 08, 2005, 04:59 PM

Like Isaac, I’ve also used Audacity—although I found it was a little unstable on my Mac.

Lately I’ve been recording with Amadeus (http://www.hairersoft.com/Amadeus.html) which is really solid on the Mac. It also has clean up tools, equalizers etc, and exports to the major formats. You can run it free (I think you start getting a message after 15 days, but it still runs) or buy it for $29. I just ended up buying it as then you get free upgrades.

Elliott C Smith Joined Feb 28, 2005
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 09, 2005, 02:25 PM

Hi

Thank you to all who responded.  I am still unable to use QuartzAudio.  I did defrag and removed spyware (that was interesting)  However, QuartzAudio will still not load.  I think it is looking for a font I don’t have because when I reinstalled the software there was a window that said I needed this font. Unfortuanly I had a brain lapse and did not write it down.  Now I have no idea what it is looking for.  I tried uninstalling-reinstalling hopping to receive that message again. No message….......OK I get paid the 15th.  I am going to stop being cheap and buy a program.  More advice please. I would like to spend 200.00 or less.  And what about a sound card do I have to buy that as well???

Bart

• Rank

Send PM

Mar 09, 2005, 10:44 PM

Hey yall? Is this free software legit or is it bootlegged? There’s a whole debate in the industry going round about illegal IP use. If it’s legit fine. If it’s not, just remember that soon you’ll have your own material released and out there (software or music - infringement is illegal) and you’ll be wanting protection for it, so start supporting IP rights protection and the forces may just be with you when you’re on the other end of the deal… Baraka!

By the way I’ve been broke too and needed software badly so I understand what the deal is…

Richard Kasika Joined Jun 09, 2004
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 10, 2005, 01:51 AM

I am absolutly NOT looking for bootlegged software. 

• Rank

Send PM

Mar 10, 2005, 12:14 PM

Quote: 
Richard Kasika said:
“Is this free software legit or is it bootlegged?”

You obviously didnt click on the link or you’d know that they are legit. Most are trial memberships some are shareware and a very select few are Freeware.

• Rank

Send PM

Mar 10, 2005, 05:43 PM

You’re right i didn’t click on the link. NO harm intended. Have fun!!!!

Richard Kasika Joined Jun 09, 2004
  • Rank

Send PM