Nashville Song Service

Oct 12, 2005, 09:59 PM

Hi folks:
I’m writing from Toronto, Ontario - Canada.
I’ve have also had the pleasure of dealing with Nashville Song Service.  I’m not sure if that’s good or bad anymore.  I’ve already seen some of the comments on this web site, as well as a few others, and I must say that I’m quite taken aback.  You see, I’ve actually completed TWO demos with NSS, and though, I was quite impressed with the whole project, I’m stunned at the negative feedback I’ve been reading.  Before I decided to sign any contracts with NSS, I contacted an Entertainment Lawyer here in Toronto, and was advised of all my rights and obligations.  As I said, I have completed TWO demos with these guys, and it is my understanding that they are now being circulated within the music industry in Nashville.  I may be wrong here, but whatever the outcome, I made sure the contract had the proper amendments put forth, and insisted on a contract expiry date.  The way I see it, if all else fails….those lyrics are mine and continue to to be protected by copyright.  Same applies to NSS and their little medley.  They can recycle the hell out of them if these two songs don’t get picked up by any one.  I’m curious to know who else out there has followed up with these guys?  Also would like to post some of my work in the Library for your review and feedback.  I look forward to learning more about songwriting and learning more about you(s).  Take care for now…..KD

KIM 3 Joined Oct 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 13, 2005, 05:42 PM

Glad you had good experience with Nashville Song Service—I passed with them as they wrote back my lyrics were Fabulous—that seemd too much in that I am a beginner—then made the mistake of going with Paramount—what ever you do DON"T ever go with them—they are con artists but big time—I had to report them to the better business bureau—after some time got my money back—don’t why then also sent the demo—it is the most Awful thing have ever heard—Have gone with Nashville Music Productions and really am happy with them—got 5 CDS, they will be my publisher for one year and push my song—I am ao happy with the music—etc.  Have also gone now iwht KMA Records of Madison TN—they seem very good and reliable also—will have my demo in 2 weeks—ahve a demo out to Empire Music that has not come yet—so you see have been busy—:)  One thing have learned too late for Paramount is to always check a business with the BBB—hope to hear good things are working for you—Betty

Betty Joined Jun 21, 2005
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 13, 2005, 10:49 PM

I sent some songs to Paramount, and they sent two song contracts to me immediately. Normally, there is some discussion back and forth, so I knew that they weren’t legit (besides, the BBB has some negatives on them). I have been considering NNS, but now I am hearing that they might be a bad choice as well? Hmmmm. Wheres the love.

dm

Dallas Marshall Joined Mar 02, 2005
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 13, 2005, 10:58 PM

Previous post said NNS, I meant NSS (Nashville Song Service).

dm

Dallas Marshall Joined Mar 02, 2005
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 14, 2005, 12:00 AM

Dallas

You might check out KMA Records

Betty

Betty Joined Jun 21, 2005
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 14, 2005, 04:21 PM

Hi All,
I guess one must always be prepared to check things out before jumping into them.  Given the opportunity to do this again, I would definatley investigate things that much deeper…..I am concerned that most of the feedback I’ve seen on these companies has been negative.
I suppose, protecting yourself does come next.  I keep thinking that I made sure of this by meeting with an Entertainment Lawyer, however the end result being that, if these guys are crooked, I’ve lost a few dollars.  I got a couple of good demos out of the deal, but they won’t be going anywhere, and like I said, there’s a few less dollars in my account.  You win some - you lose some.
I’ll keep you guys posted on any and all developments.  Thanks for sharing your experiences with me….It means much!

Regards,

Kim

KIM 3 Joined Oct 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM