Alert: SW101 will be closing down as of April 1, 2019. Read More.

Why Not A Music Library?

Oct 24, 2009, 10:25 PM

I has been suggested on here numerous times asking that SW101 create a Music Library where one can post their lyrics with a link to the music, a section apart from the Lyrics only lounge.  It would not require any more band width as all you are doing is posting lyrics with a link to where your song can be heard.  I don’t understand why this is too much to ask.  Every other forum in the Universe has the capability.  At least we should have an explanation why this cannot be done.  It’s always “I’ll get back to you” or words to that effect.  I just think we need a section for lyrics with music, in additon to the Lyrics Only section. 

Roy Harris Joined Jul 31, 2004
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 24, 2009, 10:26 PM

Roy, I think that’s a great idea. lol

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 25, 2009, 04:15 AM

Yes, Roy, I think that is a great idea, and we have asked for it consistently, I think.  How hard can it be to set up an additional forum?  Can someone explain?  I’ve moderated a couple of other forums and it would take a couple of minutes to add a new category using Proboards & other software….  I understand that we don’t want to add things willy nilly, but not having a “Song Library” or “Music Library” on a songwriting site doesn’t make sense to me.

That being said, I do appreciate the site and all that went into putting it together, and in maintaining this place for us.

Hummingbird Joined Jan 07, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 25, 2009, 02:15 PM

Weīve asked for it a couple of times and if I am not mistaken, the Moderator promised us to do so soon. But nothing happened over the last couple of month.. itīs a real pitty. Because “Songwriters” are guys who write lyrics AND music… so itīs kind of weird that their is only a lyrics library and no place for music… there are so many other things (like tech talk, business site, songwriter longe aso) which are rarely used… but nothing for music :(

...every once in a while, I get in the mood or so…and start to play..

http://www.songcycle.org

Martin G Joined May 27, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 25, 2009, 02:28 PM

I think they may have been confused and thought we were asking for a section to place our music when they said they didn’t have enough bandwidth to do that.  We are only asking for a separate section to post links to where your music can be heard.  There are plenty of places to place your music, Soundclick, Jamwave, Songramp, MySpace, to name a few.  All we are asking is something apart of from the lyrics only lounge where one can go and click on links to hear music without having to sort through all the lyrics to find a link to a song. 

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 25, 2009, 03:02 PM

Yeah, If I am not mistaken we explained it this way… just a place where we can discuss our mp3 stuff and so on. Would become handy… but I donīt think that weīll get such a place..

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 26, 2009, 05:08 PM

Sorry for the delay but we’re still working on updating the site.  Your suggestion (and others) have been forwarded to the webmaster.

SW101 Moderator 2 Joined Jun 07, 2004
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 22, 2009, 12:15 PM

Hi :)
is there still a plan to do this? If it helps, you could just close the “OFF Topic” section which is rarely used, renaim it into “Music Library” and we can have a go :)

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 28, 2009, 04:30 AM

I’ll mention this to the webmaster, Martin.

Mod8

SW101 Moderator 8 Joined Aug 04, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 29, 2010, 04:12 AM

Your suggestion has been taken. See the new Tune Topics Forum.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM