Alert: SW101 will be closing down as of April 1, 2019. Read More.

Tune topics

Sep 07, 2010, 12:54 PM

Currently the description of the “Tune topics” is: Get and give feedback on demos and work tapes.

Could you possibly change that to: Get and give feedback on demos, work tapes and videos.

That way we could use that folder to present not only our songs but also our video clips.

I don’t think it makes sense at the moment to create a dedicated folder for videos because not many people are creating videos for their songs. But it would be helpful to know where we can present the videos using the current structure of SW101.

Thanks!

Robert

Robert Baitinger Joined Jun 01, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 21, 2010, 02:35 PM

There is the “Video Venue” for this

At the moment there may still be considerably more audio-only posts than videos but I think the market for those is already dwindling. The “Unsigned Band Web” has practically vanished from the web user’s attention, “SoundClick”, that I still use, has rapidly shrinking access rates, “SoundCloud” is a forum for co-productions within a very limited community. Only “YouTube” seems to be thriving, so I think it is actually foresightful to provide a separate forum for video posts on “Songwriter101”.

Cheers,
Bernd

Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician;
likes rock, writes for anybody anyway
http://bernd-harmsen.com

Bernd Harmsen Joined May 31, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 21, 2010, 05:16 PM

Interesting analysis Bernd.

I don’t think I’ve ever been called “foresightful” before (actually since it was a user-requested feature we can’t really take the credit).

Peter Ripley Joined Feb 24, 2004
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM