Burning Burning Fire

1 of 2

Aug 25, 2011, 09:55 PM

New Song Hope you all like it. Dave Smith and I wrote the words Frank Michels did the music and the production.

http://www.myspace.com/elainebrewersongwriter

Burning, Burning Fire

You told me nothing but lies since the day we met
You’re a liar; you have set the standards for my regret
You’re a heart breaker cheated on me, what’s new
Now it’s my turned to tell you what I think of you
I’m mad as hell with a Raging Burning, burning Fire
Chorus
The flame in my heart is a burning, burning fire
The flaming fire, keeps burning hotter and higher
Since you left me I have lost all of my desire
And I’m mad as hell with a burning, burning fire
V2
We had something no one else, ever had
You broke our trust burned our love, don’t even feel bad
My hearts on fire, ambers are burning red
But there’s nothing left now but ashes in my bed
My heart’s on fire, the flame getting hotter and hotter, you liar
Chorus
The flame in my heart is a burning, burning fire
The flaming fire, keeps burning hotter and higher
Since you left me I have lost all my desire
And I’m mad as hell with a burning, burning fire
Bridge
Our love, seems like it was such a, long time ago
When you said you’d never, leave me or let me go
The flame in my heart is a Burning, burning fire
The flaming Fire keeps burning hotter and higher
Since you left me I have lost all my desire
I’m mad as hell with a burning, burning fire
I’m mad as hell with the burning, burning fire

Elaine Brewer Joined Jun 05, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 26, 2011, 04:48 AM

I always wonder why folks pay money for a pro demo.  What is the motivation or where are they going with these demos?  Did you perform this song in open mics around town to get audience reaction before you got it demoed?  I see by your myspace bio that you are no stranger to the music business.

As for the song itself, the demo sounds good.  The subject material seems sort of one dimensional and I was wondering how she lost lost all desire if the flames are burning hotter and higher?  It also seems like the song is all “tell” and no show.  There are no realistic events for the listener/reader envision a story going on.  Today’s country really seems to strive for that 3-minute mini-movie where the story is clearly laid out and there is action.

The overall song just doesn’t “ring true” to me.  Unless you really have been cheated on this way, it is better off sticking with things you sort of know.  MAB recommends finding young artists (or any artist) in your area and co-writing with them.

Kevin Emmrich Joined Feb 24, 2007
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 26, 2011, 07:30 AM

You are so right about this Kevin. I haven´t listened to this Song yet, but I sure know how it sounds. Because all these “Songs” sound alike…

Martin G Joined May 27, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Martin:  Ha, ha—but you still ought to listen.  Folks that listen to country music can tell differences in songs that are in that genre, so they really don’t sound “all alike” to us.  There are a lot of folks that swear that all classical (or jazz, pop, klezmer, ...) sounds alike.  ... and I guess that is all true if you look at it a certain way.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 26, 2011, 01:36 PM

@Kevin: Oops, missunderstand, my bad english. I meant, all these Songs made by Demo Services sound alike…

Now I had a chance to listen to it. Yeah, have heard a Song like this before. In my opinion, they used something they´ve done before and just sang the words over it. Lyrics are good Elaine, but I think music and words don´t match. That´s the problem when someone is just doin Lyrics and someone else composes the music. It clearly does not work out this way

[ Edited: 27 August 2011 05:33 AM by Martin G]

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 26, 2011, 04:20 PM

Thanks Kevin and Martin G for taking the time to listen, I can understand where you are coming from, but I ask Frank to do this my way. I wrote the song for JoDee Massina. Saying that, this is from a girls (womans) view and when you’ve been cheated on, lied to you are mad as hell.
This from my experience. Women do see things a little different than men.
Thanks again and God Bless
Elaine

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 26, 2011, 05:44 PM
Elaine Brewer - 26 August 2011 04:20 PM

...  I wrote the song for JoDee Massina. Saying that, this is from a girls (womans) view and when you’ve been cheated on, lied to you are mad as hell.  This from my experience. Women do see things a little different than men.
Thanks again and God Bless Elaine

Maybe so, but are the last few men cheating on women songs that I can think of:

Before He Cheats:  http://www.songlyrics.com/carrie-underwood/before-he-cheats-lyrics/

White Liar:  http://www.songlyrics.com/miranda-lambert/white-liar-lyrics/

Should Have Said No:  http://www.songlyrics.com/taylor-swift/should-ve-said-no-lyrics/

I don’t know if the lyrics support my stance that you need more action of not, but it is always good to reference what’s out there.

Do you know JoDee Messina?  I hope it works out for you!

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 31, 2011, 02:05 AM

I like it. Well, country and bluegrass are not exactly my favorite music, but, that said, I like it anyway.

> That´s the problem when someone is just doin Lyrics and someone else composes the music. <

One of the groups I have always admired have worked this way: Keith Reid writes the lyrics, Gary Brooker sets them to music. They created great works of art that way. (The band is called “Procol Harum”, by the way). The last movement of Beethoven’s ninth symphony is another - and quite different - example. Actually, “lyrics first” is the most common method to create songs. My own, admittedly limited, experience tells me that the other direction, “tune first”, does often not work quite as satisfactory. At least, this is true for my own lyrics that are often written to match an existing tune. I often had to compromise which affected their flow or elegance. I have got the impression that songs where priorly existing lyrics are set to music sound more natural.

Bernd

Bernd Harmsen Joined May 31, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 31, 2011, 02:31 AM

just to clear the air. ....“when someone just writes the lyrics, and a Demo Service composes the music” :)

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 01, 2011, 02:34 AM

Hey Martin,
I don’t agree with you. I’ve worked with demo services guys in the past and they created songs for me that sounded completely different. In my opinion it all depends on the quality of the demo services company, especially the producer in charge of the demos. And of course the input the songwriter gives to the producer. In my case I defined the genre and basic melody of the tunes.

I have to admit that I like this song. The people in charge did a very good job. Elaine, this song is pretty cool. Thumbs up.

All the best
Robert

Robert Baitinger Joined Jun 01, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 01, 2011, 10:59 PM

Robert, Thanks you, Frank Michels does his own music I think he does great work, He listens to what you want and does it pretty darn close. I listen to JoDee Massina a lot this is what she does and I do have someone close to her so maybe this just might go well, I hope so.  Robert I just wanted to tell you I really like your work also.
Bernd, thank you for you kind thoughts and Martin and Kevin I know you mean well and thank you for that, I know Frank Michels does it all he plays all the instrument himself I think he does a great job. Thanks Again
God Bless
Elaine

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 06, 2012, 02:09 AM

Good Job Elaine! I can totally hear Jody singing this song.

MIKE BILLESCAS Joined Mar 06, 2012
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 11, 2012, 03:47 PM

Mike Thanks for the reply and taking time to listen. I’m glad you liked it. I just finished with a new song will post shortly.
Thanks Again
God Bless

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 16, 2012, 08:41 AM

Elaine, The myspace thing dosen’t work too well for me. I simpler link would be helpful to respondents. You don’t want folks having to work to get at you track?.....Wally

Wallace Anderson Joined Dec 21, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 16, 2012, 10:32 AM

Wally I put it on  
http://soundcloud.com/elaine-brewer
See if this will work for you, also my space should have it. Thanks
Elaine