VIDEOS ON UTUBE

Apr 22, 2012, 06:48 PM

I’d like to put my songs on utube with a video. Are there any tutorials or any online companies that have ready made videos that you can choose from?

I do have a video camera but I’ve never used it.

thanks, Sylvia

Sylvia Semel Joined Mar 07, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 24, 2012, 12:44 PM

You can do still pics by going to google/images and finding pics that tell the story.
Then go to movie maker on your computer and hook the pics into the mp3 and upload to youtube.
A little complicated but I learned.
I have 103 music videos like that on my youtube channel barrydbutler.
It is also an easier way to send your songs around like on facebook or e-mail…No mp3 ...
Barry   .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Image Attachments
IMG_0204.jpg

Barry David Butler Joined Dec 14, 2011
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 24, 2012, 12:51 PM

Thanks, I’ll try it.

Sylvia

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 04, 2012, 02:02 PM

I can’t figure out how to do it. I downloaded still pictures, but what’s the process to get them on the video player and then on to youtube? It seems so complicated.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 04, 2012, 08:14 PM

Hi Sylvia,start with Picasa,get bunch of pictures,mark them with green arrow (keep in tray),go to Create and press Make movie.Your movie page starts almost immediately,arrange your pictures,go to left upper side and click on slide and print title and other info,than click Movie and upper corner click load (song),by this time you are a pro.Choose how your pictures should be fallowing (close up and and so on) and good luck.When you know what you doing get yourself “Video pad Editor” and get serious.Picasa will upload your movie on to your channel which you must establish beforehand on You Tube.Or you can (when your channel is established) upload while you are present (signed in) on your channel.
I will be looking for your channel “Sylviathebeautifull”.

[ Edited: 04 May 2012 08:20 PM by Otto Kristen]

Otto Kristen Joined Jul 25, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 05, 2012, 08:58 AM

Otto, thanks. I finally got the pictures and music on the video maker. That’s fine. But when I click on facebook or utube, there’s an error code, but it doesn’t tell you what it is. Dummys can’t use computers for most applications. I guess eventually I’ll figure it out with help and on my own.

If you have any more suggestions, I’d appreciate it.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 06, 2012, 12:11 PM

Hi Sylvia,try to save it and upload it with a different type of file.The most usual (i thing) is WMV,MVI,MP4,avi,asf,mpg,mov,fly,swf.
Try one of them.I uploaded whole 1 hour,20 minutes B/W movie with avi.You can see it on my channel “2137otto”. Do you have your YouTube channel to upload it to?

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 06, 2012, 02:25 PM

Otto, thanks I finally did it. Want to work on doing better videos. Thanks to all of you for your input.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 06, 2012, 04:53 PM

Good luck Sylvia and let me know the http of your song.OK

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 06, 2012, 05:02 PM

Otto, I forgot the URL. But if you go on facebook or youtube and put my name it: SYLVIA SEMEL,  you’ll find my songs. So far I put two videos on:

I’LL SHOW HIM WHO’S WHO
WHAT ARE WE DOING TONIGHT?

Let me know what you think of the songs and the video. For my first try, I think the videos were pretty good.

Thanks.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 07, 2012, 12:59 PM

Otto:

Here’s the url of my video: WHAT ARE WE DOING TONIGHT? I think you’ll like the song and the video. I welcome constructive criticisms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPg2SnSsbCU&feature=g-upl

Just copy and and paste it in your browser. Thanks.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 07, 2012, 03:33 PM

Wonderful singing on this one—is that you?  Most of the pictures are “fuzzy”, so you need to clean that up. 

One thing to remember—photos you find on Google images/internet are copyrighted and controlled by the photographer.  You just can’t use them without permission.  OK, you can use them and everyone does—but turn it around.  How would you feel if a video you found on Youtube was using your music without asking you?  I used the “Thunderbird Motel” photo on my 2011 RPM CD cover, but I emailed the photo guy for permission.  But yes, I too have used other photos as pics on soundclick without asking—so it is done by even those who should know better!

Kevin Emmrich Joined Feb 24, 2007
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 07, 2012, 05:45 PM

These are royalty free; microsoft artclip and one other. Wouldn’t infringe on anyone.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 07, 2012, 05:47 PM

Kevin, I don’t know which one you looked at. I have two:

I’LL SHOW HIM WHO’S WHO
WHAT ARE WE DOING TONIGHT?

I think I gave you the link to WHAT ARE WE DOING TONIGHT?

I’m the lyricist. I don’t sing.

Thanks for your nice comments.

By the way, how would I go about making the pictures clearer?

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 07, 2012, 05:50 PM

Tried to listen to your first two songs on soundlick but they wouldn’t load.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM