dont you just hate it when….......

Jul 23, 2014, 02:31 PM

youre trying to write a tune…....and someone next door,or down the street…..has their music blaring out!

sandor nevery Joined Jun 08, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 23, 2014, 07:46 PM

I actually NEED that to write. I do almost all of my writing in the biggest, busiest Starbucks in Portland. There’s always a million people yapping, music going overhead, and even live music on the weekends. That constant energy is what gets my pen to the paper. I absolutely can not write lyrics in silence. Music - yes, but not lyrics. The crazier the environment the better.

Songster Joined Apr 26, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 23, 2014, 08:14 PM

I need quiet to write as well.  Often, it takes me a long time to get into the zone where the writing comes out naturally.  I find that I have to make time for writing as well as not force it.

Sometimes my muse starts talking and I have to excuse myself from what I’m doing to get the idea down.

David C Eads Joined Jul 13, 2014
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 23, 2014, 08:36 PM

I don’t need absolute silence…...but when you’ve got techno music shaking your walls…..it can be very distracting

sandor nevery Joined Jun 08, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 23, 2014, 10:47 PM

There’s only two types of noises that will completely prevent me from writing: babies/kids and jazz…

Songster Joined Apr 26, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 21, 2015, 02:00 PM

Dude I hate that! Musical concentration is precious. And they’re always blasting something in a different key. It’s madness for my musical brain haha

Mike Griffin Joined Mar 21, 2015
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 11, 2017, 08:44 AM
sandor nevery - 23 July 2014 02:31 PM

youre trying to write a tune…....and someone next door,or down the street…..has their music blaring out!

Sorry. That’s me, writing a tune with my Marshall’s.  LOL

Larry Gude Joined May 23, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 27, 2017, 09:13 AM

Noise/music isn’t a problem for me when I write lyrics. Sometimes exactly that is what I need to find new ideas.

But when I write (compose) music I need total silence. It’s awful when you’re close to finalizing your catchy musical hook and all of a sudden someone enters the room and starts asking questions or the phone rings. Afterwards I sit there and think what my killer hook that I had a few moments ago sounded like and it’s gone.

Robert Baitinger Joined Jun 01, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM