New Band Suggestions

May 26, 2015, 10:41 PM

I’m a singer/songwriter and i’m in the process of putting together a band, it’s been a dream of mine for quite sometime and I already have one musician that I’ve linked up with but it seems so hard to find musicians that want to come aboard. The musicians that have expressed interests end up backing out. What do I do?

I aspire to inspire because that’s what’s in my heart to do.

http://www.theofficialkendra.com

Kendra Marshall Joined Apr 20, 2015
  • Rank

Send PM

May 27, 2015, 07:40 PM

The most difficult thing in life is to get other people to ‘align’ their goals and motivations with your own. Whether it’s friends, a mate, family, or coworkers or employees, getting them to invest themselves in the same project with the same enthusiasm, the same ideology as you have is difficult.

Some potential ‘members’ may have a sense of entering into a business relationship, a partnership, while others have a sense of ‘It’s a party!’ Some perceive the five-year plan, and others the YOLO plan and that ‘once’ is tonight!

How well developed is your repertoire of Songs? Can you do a 1-hour show? 2-hour? 3-hour? Can you be the ‘front man’, the lead singer, the emcee (Master of Ceremonies, MC)? Do you have equipment? Transportation? Capital?

Have you identified the Songs you want to do? Do you have a ‘cover’ Song list, as well as the list of your own Songs you want to do?

Can you readily include the Songs they want to do, covers, and THEIR own compositions?

Do you have yours in a form easy to share with potential band members?

How well can you explain your goals, your five-year plan to them, and demonstrate the product you want to bring to market?

Can you get gigs? Everybody wants to make money. Can they make it working with you?

See if you can get constructive criticism from those who back out. What are they looking for that they didn’t see/hear in your plan or product?

Do you have merchandising plan, pictures, t-shirts, hats, buttons, sew-on patches, stickers, whatever the public might buy. Download cards, CD’s, an online store?

Do you have a business plan? Do you have market research proving your product is salable?

Lots of questions to answer.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM