Song pitching software - www.MusicRow.io

Nov 02, 2015, 12:15 PM

Please, check out the new software that helps people get their music in front of music execs. http://www.musicrow.io .Please let me know your thoughts or comments.

Image Attachments
logo.png

Bryan Ricci Joined Nov 02, 2015
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 02, 2015, 06:09 PM

Bryan,

Save your money and your effort on this or any similar services. You are NOT going to get your music in front of “music executives” except the ones who want to “take your money.” All of these discount the personal relationship that the real music industry has. None of them have or will ever be able to break through those walls and will continue to get the “No unsolicited material” messages. The reason is because we are all WRITING our own material, we are all trying to get OUR OWN music out. No one is sitting around looking at nameless faceless web sites looking for songs or artists. There are thousands and thousands already there.

You have to understand what the music business is and IS NOT. It is not just “looking for songs.” It is looking for applications on the songs and artists it already has. These are personal friends, people they have had relationships for years and who do the same things all the time, not just send out emails. Do you know how many junk, spam or virus emails there are floating around at any one time? And that is what all of these sites are. Spam emails.

If you want to spend your time wisely, work on cultivating relationships with actual artists. Write with them. Be friends with them. Become part of their TEAMS” and do it early. Once someone is signed, they are off limits to all of these outside services. So spend your time wisely. The “American Idol” or “The Voice” next winner might be in your area tonight. stop looking for something that “jumps over the gatekeepers.” No business in life does that and neither do any of these services. Don’t waste your time.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 02, 2015, 06:46 PM

Hi Marc-Alan, I’m sorry, but I disagree. I grew up on Music Row. 1016 16th ave south. My grandfather was a music producer for 41 years. I built this software to really help songwriters. I have worked with ASCAP for 10 years now, and this software is a posed solution to the unsolicited music you speak of. This solution allows people to vote songs up to the top of the list and simplifies the selection process. There is no spam mail associated with this. I think that a lot of people are having a hard time adapting to changing technologies. And, what do people do who don’t understand something??? They bash it without ever understanding what it is in the first place. Have another look, I think you might change your mind.

Bryan Ricci Joined Nov 02, 2015
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 18, 2017, 11:10 PM

I agree with Marc-Alan. 

The best thing for songwriters without a publisher is to get out and hang with other writers, begin to cultivate some connections and co-writers.  Eventually you’ll get 3-5 songs you feel good about and show to a publisher.  Not a big publisher, but a small independent.  If you live in Nashville go to the Nashville Songwriters Association events.  Listen to great songwriters and be very self-critical. 

This thing advertised in the OP reminds me of Taxi.  Even though we live in the age of the Internet getting songs heard is still mainly a face-to-face thing.  Sure, every once and a while you hear about someone getting noticed on YouTube.  Yeah, that could happen - but in the meantime don’t sit on your ### trying out the latest pitch gimmick.

Write because you cannot be happy unless you are writing, not because you want to get rich, get famous, win a Grammy, have a hit, or any result oriented goals other than writing a great song.  A great song is the best way to get noticed, there are no short cuts (pun intended) and gimmicks don’t get you anywhere, at least not for the long run.

F.D. Leone Joined Oct 18, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 19, 2017, 09:36 AM

Bryan,

I don’t know the last time you were on music Row, but no matter what kind of technology you have it is never going to replace the personal connection. Because what that removes is the PERSONAL contact that the music business is. You take out that fact that most of the songs that are recorded are written by FRIENDS. No one is ever going to take an outside song from someone they don’t know because they don’t have any personal connection to that song. Songs are VERY SUBJECTIVE and the personal factor is what makes them work or doesn’t.

The “Spam email” comment is to the thousands upon thousands of unsolicited of advertising, that pops up on people’s computers every day. Until you actually know the company involved, you are not going to open the file of an email due to viruses, or just wasting time. Not that your software is “spam.” It is just unknown. But let me ask you this.

Anyone that is in any position of power to give a yes or no on recording a song, has taken years if not decades to get where they are. They have their own songs, and those that have come since. They have hundreds of songs, dozens of writers, tens of dozens of friends, dozens of artists they have worked with, interacted with and are trying to promote themselves, often spending countless amount of money to promote.
They have their OWN product, and are in no way going to an outside source to look for something to replace the product they have already spent money on.

Exactly which of THEIR personal songs, artists, are you going to replace with the songs you promote? Who is going to put their own interests away and take something they have no connection with. These kinds of “new technology” are no where near new. They have been around for over 20 years, and every few weeks seemingly someone else is bringing in a new one making the same claims. Most of them have the same results. A lot of people have so much faith in technology, and that is where they are. That is fine. The only problem is that those same people are usually REPLACED by technology.

F.D. mentions TAXI here, and they are the top company in this sort of thing. But next week Taxi has their ROAD RALLY in LA, which is a face to face convention where their writers, artists, companies interested in their products, all travel for a week of converences, performances and face to face meetings. And THAT is why Taxi is where it is. Personal interaction.

I wish you luck in your product, and you could prove me wrong, who knows? But as we get more spread out technology, it is the PERSONAL interaction that becomes more valuable. That is happening with artists and their fan bases, companies trying to get product “OUT THERE.”

But hey, there is this. Now companies are putting together Artificial Intelligence that takes algorithyms, cultural trends, software, and they simply write songs themselves. So possibly that will happen too. And they’ll get rid of the need for me, all songwriters, all artists and companies that revolve around those. You will be replaced too.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM