Is politic in music favored by few or many.What do you say about it?

15 of 15

May 03, 2018, 05:39 PM

Gavin,

You are correct, Otto’s is not about that, but see some of us see that it is all intertwined. The “Dreamer” issue, (which was actually invented by the last administration) is actually about unfettered access and complaining that some countries are having borders. In those other countries I mentioned, (except for Iran, which is really more about REAL terrible people) particularly Sweden, the UK, they have been going through this for decades and it is now manifesting itself in all parts of their countries. People that WON’T assimilate.

I will also admit I have a personal bias on this. I had a 23 year old first cousin killed by an illegal alien from Mexico who was a drunk driver, arrested five times before and supposed to be deported. So I don’t have a lot of sympathy to people who just want to demand entrance to this country. We have laws and rules and if people don’t respect them enough to obey them, they don’t engender respect.

But I’m making a point here. That diving into the political world with songs, very quickly get OFF the song, and onto other issues. That is what I am demonstrating, and to answer the original question” What do people think about politics in songs” I’ve just shown how this can get derailed very quickly.

On the Kanye West issue, his entire thing is about THINKING for yourself, which is not allowed in his world, or in many of our worlds. So I’m showing how all this ties in together.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 03, 2018, 06:05 PM

Thanks Gavin,you right, I always get wrapped up in the dislike of the Pink King.I am still working on it.I always leave it for a day or few and,yes,there is still a different point of view every time I come back to it.

Otto Kristen Joined Jul 26, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 03, 2018, 06:20 PM

You,my friends out here on our 101 always have something positive,sometime uplifting and ,rightly so,sometimes critical and enlightening.The critic is very important to me,because many times we human beings and I mainly, have a tendency to wrap-up ourselves in aura of self-righteousness which clouds a clear view of thinks.
    You remember when this Mexico-US borders problem started.It was many years ago.I started to write a song about it and then I thought that the song won’t be having a meaning for long because this problem will be properly addressed and solved.I was naive.
“The enldess wall”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFwv4lplfns

Otto Kristen Joined Jul 26, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 09, 2018, 09:40 PM

Hey Otto, your original question got me thinking and I accepted the challenge. As we all descend into the primeval swamp in which today’s “conservatives” feel most at home, I refuse to wallow and belch there with them, admiring the bile-filled bubbles that rise to the surface from their ample posteriors. I am going down proudly waving the flag of three centuries of enlightened thought, unashamed of those once respected but now reviled virtues of reason, compassion, inquiry and decency. In a gesture of futile defiance, I have applied for membership in the Liberal Elite, so despised of those who invented it’s existence to fit their conspiracy theories. Now, does anyone have the number for the Illuminati?

https://soundcloud.com/gavin-sinclair-5/liberal-elite

Seriously, if you are going to tackle the serious issues raised by today’s drive to reverse evolution and turn us all into Homo Trumpensis, it helps to be able to poke some fun at yourself along the way. It goes some way to taking your mind off those bruises your knuckles sustained as you slouched into your cave, unaware that your inability to warm yourself derived from the absence of a “liberal” to show you how to light a fire.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

15 of 15