Was it worth the money? My First Music Video

Aug 26, 2016, 10:28 AM

Hey everyone,

So I recently decided to go to a producer with the first song that I’ve ever written. Since he was someone I knew, he gave me a cheaper price for the song and music video (around $400).

First of all I’d love your feedback since it’s my first ever song. Is it too slow? Too boring?

Secondly, would you say the money is well spent? Sadly, despite the good quality of the video the link hasn’t gotten much traction. I was really hoping to get around 10,000 views, but I guess I didn’t market my song well.

Anyway, I’m excited to hear your feedback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgTtQ5nA8Jw

Greetings,
Paul

Paul Manuel Joined Aug 26, 2016
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 28, 2016, 11:22 AM

I’m not an expert (in any profession LOL) yet as well audio as video production seem quite well done to me. So, I guess, they WERE worth the money. As you mention marketing your song is something quite different. YouTube videos don’t market themselves. And 3,500 views is nothing to be sneezed at. As for generating a fan base, becoming famous, or making some money you’ll have to perform, I think. But as for presenting yourself and your song the video should be fine.

Good luck
Bernd

Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician;
likes rock, writes for anybody anyway
http://bernd-harmsen.com

Bernd Harmsen Joined May 31, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2016, 08:48 PM

I think this is a great production for $400!!

I also like your song very much. You have a great voice. My stuff is NOTHING like this, but I do appreciate music like this very much. This is a cool mello song.

Nice work!!

John Evans Joined Oct 01, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 13, 2016, 08:16 PM

This is a great song and I also enjoyed the video. You have a beautiful voice keep doin your thing man you’ll go places.

Southern Savage Joined Sep 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM