Alert: SW101 will be closing down as of April 1, 2019. Read More.

Halfway Between

Sep 27, 2016, 09:59 PM

Okay I apologize,first. This is super rough. I don’t sing oftwn. Wrote in about 5 minutes and made up chords as I went. Looking to improve of course, but thoughts? Worth pursuing?
https://youtu.be/u4gZVSjdJ2c
Catie Jay

Catie Jay Joined Sep 27, 2016
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 27, 2016, 11:29 PM

eye actually like your chorus! burnt both ends of your bridge lol that’s cool :)
but i must say….. there’s a major disconnect between what your right hand is doing and the lyrics
you’re trying to sing :) quit trying to keep rhythm by strumming, it’s seriously not working for you lol.
try just playing the chord changes. in other words, just sing the song and let your voice keep the
rhythm, and only strum the guitar “ONCE” every time you switch chords. the reason i suggest this
is because i can tell there are moments in the song where you fall into a definable rhythm while you’re
singing and you play softer on the guitar. this is very common when you’re first learning to play. also
just playing the chord changes will force you to focus on the down beat (or “1” beat) which is
actually the best way to learn rhythm guitar! seriously, i’m not just picking on ya’ Catie, try it! the
more you practice that way the more your hand and your voice will eventually “sync” up! you have
a decent voice and sense of melody so keep at it :)

PIGSWAPWHAFTCA Joined Aug 27, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 27, 2016, 11:32 PM

Thanks! I definitely will take that advice. I need to figure if I like the chords or not with it. thank you for your words on the chorus:)

• Rank

Send PM

Sep 28, 2016, 09:06 AM

Catie, I really enjoy your lyrics, and the imagery that they produce.

Jade reynolds Joined Sep 28, 2016
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 28, 2016, 09:47 AM

Thank you so much! I’ve been so nervous about sharing my lyrics as I worry others will find them extremely boring or something

• Rank

Send PM

Sep 28, 2016, 11:29 AM

Ha! go listen to 30 minutes of Nicki Minaj then come on back…............ eye don’t think you have
anything to worry about :)

PIGSWAPWHAFTCA Joined Aug 27, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 28, 2016, 12:03 PM

Haha, I don’t think my ears can take that assault for thirty minutes…

• Rank

Send PM