Euphoria

1 of 2

Feb 24, 2017, 09:32 PM

Hey all,

I’ve got a new song i’ve been working on called Euphoria. Would love some feedback on this one.

Warning: some language may be offensive.

https://soundcloud.com/micky-shiloah/euphoria-demo-4

Thanks so much!!
Micky

Lyrics:
I’m addicted to euphoria
I’m addicted to the way that it makes me feel
Like a motherf*cking warrior
Like i’m radiating light through the atmosphere

Oh god, I’m loving it loving it (repeat)

I’ve gotta have it every day now
I’m looking for a quick dose that’ll satisfy me
It’s how I live my days now
It feels so good to make believe

So come with me and i’ll
Show you what the stars are really made of
You’ve got no idea
I’ve seen the light
And that’s why

I’m addicted to euphoria

Cuz there isn’t any better way to make you believe
That i’m living in a kingdom of ecstasy
Than take a taste of a remedy
I came across when I felt I was ending

I swear I hurt before
The pain was so much more
than a kid from Queens could take
could take fake f*cking people
coming in and out of hallways

Now I’ll
show you what the stars are really made of
You’ve got no idea
I’ve seen the light
And now I…

I’m addicted to euphoria

Micky Joined May 04, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 25, 2017, 12:55 AM

Great production again!!
I think after your intro this one needs to step up into some hard core techno/dance/rave grind!!
I kept expecting that heavy 4 on the floor beat to bust out any second!! :)

PIGSWAPWHAFTCA Joined Aug 27, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 25, 2017, 04:50 PM
PIGSWAPWHAFTCA - 25 February 2017 12:55 AM

Great production again!!
I think after your intro this one needs to step up into some hard core techno/dance/rave grind!!
I kept expecting that heavy 4 on the floor beat to bust out any second!! :)

Thank you!!

I kind of like it better as a build up to a big climax at the end, but I’m going to play around with the big dance beat. I’m a sucker for build ups I don’t know why lol. Thanks again !

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 25, 2017, 05:37 PM

Micky, I’m not sure that the m-f in the third line really adds anything. To me it seemed a little out of place. I could be totally wrong about that. If people more in your target audience thinks it brings something to the song, then it obviously makes more sense to listen to them than me.
Nice production again! Do you do that yourself?

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 25, 2017, 08:14 PM
Gavin Sinclair - 25 February 2017 05:37 PM

Micky, I’m not sure that the m-f in the third line really adds anything. To me it seemed a little out of place. I could be totally wrong about that. If people more in your target audience thinks it brings something to the song, then it obviously makes more sense to listen to them than me.
Nice production again! Do you do that yourself?

Thanks so much! Yup I do it all myself on Logic.

As far as the M-F line, it wasn’t planned or anything, the lyrics just kind of came out and I went with them. And I kind of liked it in the end. I’m also really stubborn when it comes to changing lyrics lol.

I appreciate your input!

Micky

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 27, 2017, 04:39 AM

Bring up the bass. Yup. I agree with Tony on that one. I also agree with you, Micky, that it benefits from building up. You can have both you know. I just felt like it had a really good dance groove going there, but not a real feel-it-in-your-guts beat.

I know you don’t like to change lyrics, but would you consider losing the “me” off of the line “I’m looking for a quick dose that’ll satisfy me?” Instead, you can sustain satisfy and give it a nice little bend to lead into the next line. Try it out. Sounds good no?

I absolutely love the way you sing this bit…

So come with me and i’ll
You’ve got no idea
I’ve seen the light
And that’s why

...it’s like you’ve let loose and are just feeling it. Gorgeous.

And the ending! Wow!

One concern: Are you intending the double meaning with “could take fake f*cking people; coming in and out of hallways?” If you are, I don’t quite understand what you are getting at (i.e., why the double meaning and how is adding to the song). If you didn’t intend the double meaning (I’m referring to “fake f**k here), then you might want to re-think that line.

Great work. So much feeling in your voice. Yup. Loving this one.

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz

“Life is no ‘brief candle….” It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment…I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on…”

- George Bernard Shaw

Jenny Stokes Joined Sep 24, 2015
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 27, 2017, 06:14 PM
Jenny Stokes - 27 February 2017 04:39 AM

Bring up the bass. Yup. I agree with Tony on that one. I also agree with you, Micky, that it benefits from building up. You can have both you know. I just felt like it had a really good dance groove going there, but not a real feel-it-in-your-guts beat.

I know you don’t like to change lyrics, but would you consider losing the “me” off of the line “I’m looking for a quick dose that’ll satisfy me?” Instead, you can sustain satisfy and give it a nice little bend to lead into the next line. Try it out. Sounds good no?

So come with me and i’ll
You’ve got no idea
I’ve seen the light
And that’s why

And the ending! Wow!

One concern: Are you intending the double meaning with “could take fake f*cking people; coming in and out of hallways?” If you are, I don’t quite understand what you are getting at (i.e., why the double meaning and how is adding to the song). If you didn’t intend the double meaning (I’m referring to “fake f**k here), then you might want to re-think that line.

Hey Jenny,

I can def bring the bass up.  I had been thinking about that, but I was kind of burnt out on this one and needed to put it down for a while. You know how that goes, I’m sure!

I like your idea of taking the “me” off and sustaining the “satisfy”, I tried it just now and it could sound really great. I’ll get in and record it and see how I like it. Cool idea!

By double meaning do you mean that it also means “take” them as in fighting them? It doesn’t mean that. That line just refers to a personal childhood experience of moving to a new school and then being bullied and left out (in and out of hallways meaning in school). One main reason to go look for “euphoria” in some way, shape or form.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback and critiques. Much appreciated!

Micky

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 27, 2017, 07:12 PM
Micky - 27 February 2017 06:14 PM

By double meaning do you mean that it also means “take” them as in fighting them? It doesn’t mean that. That line just refers to a personal childhood experience of moving to a new school and then being bullied and left out (in and out of hallways meaning in school). One main reason to go look for “euphoria” in some way, shape or form.

Hi Micky. I thought that was what you were intending, but there is an alternate meaning. There’s a sexual connotation of the phrase too. It just seemed to me that it didn’t fit with the rest of the song so I thought I’d better mention it. Glad I did!  :)

“Life is no ‘brief candle….” It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment…I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on…”

- George Bernard Shaw

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 27, 2017, 10:20 PM
Jenny Stokes - 27 February 2017 07:12 PM
Micky - 27 February 2017 06:14 PM

Hi Micky. I thought that was what you were intending, but there is an alternate meaning. There’s a sexual connotation of the phrase too. It just seemed to me that it didn’t fit with the rest of the song so I thought I’d better mention it. Glad I did!  :)

OHHH haha ok got it. nope no innuendo in that line lol.

:)

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 27, 2017, 10:39 PM

Hey Micky, I wondered whether “euphoria” meant just the feeling or was referring to a drug that induces the feeling and that I hadn’t heard of. I even googled it to see if there was a drug with that name. The results were kind of ambiguous, but your reply to Jen makes it clear that it’s the feeling that you’re singing about. It’s a great thing to build a dance song around. Nothing like music and dance to make you euphoric. Plus, it’s a fun word to sing, and at the end of the day, that can be just as important as the meaning of the lyrics, especially in this genre.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 01, 2017, 07:04 AM
Gavin Sinclair - 27 February 2017 10:39 PM

Hey Micky, I wondered whether “euphoria” meant just the feeling or was referring to a drug that induces the feeling and that I hadn’t heard of. I even googled it to see if there was a drug with that name. The results were kind of ambiguous, but your reply to Jen makes it clear that it’s the feeling that you’re singing about. It’s a great thing to build a dance song around. Nothing like music and dance to make you euphoric. Plus, it’s a fun word to sing, and at the end of the day, that can be just as important as the meaning of the lyrics, especially in this genre.

I think Euphoria is (or was) a slang term for a drug? I tried to look it up as well, but like you said, ambiguous results.

It is kind of a fun word. the line “i’m addicted to euphoria” just came out when I was fiddling with some chords so I just went with it.
That’s what I usually do :)

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 01, 2017, 10:33 AM

Some words are just fun to sing. “Substitute” by the Who is a good example.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 08, 2017, 05:41 AM
Jenny Stokes - 27 February 2017 04:39 AM

So come with me and i’ll
You’ve got no idea
I’ve seen the light
And that’s why

And the ending! Wow!

Hey Jenny!

Changed it up a bit (turned the bass up) and some small quirks here and there. I don’t know if it’s that much of a difference but wanted to see if you thought it was any better. I didn’t really put a crazy beat in or anything ( I did try that and I ended up liking this version better. So did some friends of mine)

I feel like it’s essentially the same, but sometimes small little changes go along way! :)

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 08, 2017, 06:23 AM

It sounds great, Micky. Bass in the guts. Love that feeling.

I think the transition at 1.47/8 could be smoother. Cutting off “euphoria” to “Eu” is kind of abrupt. Other than that, “I’m lovin it, lovin it. Lovin it, lovin it I’m…”

That’s some talent you’ve got there.  :)

- George Bernard Shaw

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 08, 2017, 09:05 PM
Jenny Stokes - 08 March 2017 06:23 AM

It sounds great, Micky. Bass in the guts. Love that feeling.

I think the transition at 1.47/8 could be smoother. Cutting off “euphoria” to “Eu” is kind of abrupt. Other than that, “I’m lovin it, lovin it. Lovin it, lovin it I’m…”

That’s some talent you’ve got there.  :)

Thank you!! Glad you’re lovin’ it lovin’ it haha

That wasn’t actually cut of, I was saying “i’m addicted to you” instead of “addicted to euphoria” but I guess it does sound like that! LOL

:)

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 08, 2017, 09:14 PM

You know I listened to the song last night and wouldn’t you know it, the first…I mean the FIRST thought that popped into my head this morning when I woke up was…

I’m addicted to Euphoria
I’m addicted to the way that you make me feel…

...all the way through…

I gotta have it everyday now.

Ha! Bloody song just won’t let me go.  :)

- George Bernard Shaw

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

1 of 2