crap crap crap!

2 of 2

Mar 25, 2017, 06:24 PM

Well, as long as you’re over that block you mentioned when you first posted, my work here is done. These were just observations and ideas to shake up your own perspective so you could move on.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 25, 2017, 11:14 PM

$0.02
Consider a new direction? What about twisting your song to be like a Friday Night Blues concept, but this time the guy is interested in livening up things? Why do YOU get to be the one warm and toasty by the fire? Just kidding!  The direction your imagery is going seems too pretty to be a break-up song.

You and me, sittin’ together
In the ??? of the ??? embers

Tonight, let’s dance a little longer…etc… Let’s never say goodbye?  (-kick the relationship up a level?)

DISCLAIMER: I have no idea what I’m talking about!

Elizabeth Wolf Joined Apr 25, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 06, 2017, 06:30 PM
L. Vincent - 16 March 2017 11:02 PM

...and I can`t burn it, it would win!  got one of those?

LOL Can’t have THAT, now can we!!!???

This is one of the joys of writing a lot; by the time I get around to remembering a song that’s not done that ought to be, we’re working on another one. That and early onset Alzheimer’s and, BAM, no problem-o!!!

Uh, what was the question????

Larry Gude Joined May 23, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 10, 2017, 04:34 PM

I used to let songs sit in my file cabinet or on the piano for YEARS, until I could work out what didn’t feel right. Time and distance is a good cure. Sometimes I’d forgotten about them and they were better than I thought when I put them aside. I still have unfinished work, b/c I get a lot of ideas and don’t always have time to make them finished entities. That’s why files were invented.

I’ve been in a cycle lately of writing a lyric per day, and wouldn’t mind taking a break from writing melodies, but instead collaborating and seeing the song from a view I’m not as close to. It can teach a lot and be great fun.

These days I write much faster: get a title, write the 1st melodic strain from that, and from that germ the song writes itself—-like playing a solo. The next day is for tweaking—-again a little time and distance goes a long way…

‘Charlie Christian got me in a world of trouble’—-me

joel fass Joined Jun 03, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

2 of 2