My BB King tribute, first performance

Apr 24, 2017, 12:37 PM

Here is the first performance of a song in tribute to BB King by The 5 Shades of Gray Band featuring lyrics written by myself.

Please have a look/listen and like it, if you want.

https://youtu.be/xxZyYF3wZKU

Thanks Roger

Roger Penkethman Joined Nov 20, 2014
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 15, 2017, 06:16 PM

Hey mate the YouTube dont do your tribute any favours, any chance of just recording it, thanks.

Patrick F Joined Mar 03, 2013
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 15, 2017, 06:48 PM

Thanks for the comment.
Well like I said it was the first performance and Johnny the singer admitted that due to poor sound and lighting, it didn’t show it off that well.
They have done several performances since, at other venues which have had better sound and lighting.
If you’re interested here’s the latest upload from early last month, which I think does it justice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr76EG4wmSs

Thanks again

• Rank

Send PM

Oct 16, 2017, 02:49 AM

Your right Roger, the second vid is better but I also have to agree with Patrick…...
Your song deserves a better recording! If you want to keep things simple and
just do live ‘open air’ recordings, you’d probably be amazed at what you can do
with a little Zoom H4N pro :)

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 18, 2017, 10:59 AM

Cheers Japov

The song is a collaboration between the band and myself. My contribution being the lyrics so I don’t really have any say about where they perform. I just glad to get the song out there and earn a little bit of income from it.

Listening to your songs on soundclick as I type this and like what I hear.
Just out of curiosity if you’re interested in collaborating I have plenty of lyrics available.

Cheers, Roger

• Rank

Send PM

Oct 18, 2017, 06:09 PM

ha! yea, there’s never a shortage of lyrics around here lol. but i and a handful of others are definitely
regulars here and post in the lyrics library all the time. so, if you put something up you’re almost
certain to get some feedback. or perhaps even a rough acoustic recording to pass along to the
band. steer 5shades towards my site and see if there’s any interest, who knows, perhaps we can
be their new writing team :)

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM