Looking for a songwriter/topliner for a reggae/moombahton track

May 08, 2017, 12:09 AM

Hi I am looking for a songwriter/topliner for a reggae/moombahton/edm track. Here’s the sample of the track https://soundcloud.com/heartbeattones/042717-sunkissed/s-yZcFB

Just email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you’re interested. Thank you.

Marisse Joined Mar 30, 2016
  • Rank

Send PM

May 08, 2017, 11:45 AM

Here are some ideas to kick around.

One of the most strategic lessons of becoming a Songwriter with aspirations to ‘share’ your music with the world is to be able to ‘record’ it, writing it out on manuscript paper for those who can read it, and especially, putting it in ‘fixed form’ so it can be heard. I haven’t done either of those things and now I can’t easily communicate the Melody to which I sing this Lyric, demonstrating to the composer how I perceive it. My apologies, Marisse.

Here’s an attempt at identifying notes on one string of a guitar, by fret.

Sunkissed, Lyric by Gary E. Andrews, based on the track and title by Marisse.
(Introductory Movement, about 15 seconds)
(Verse 1 vocal begins where you vocalize in the track.)
(Verses 1 and 2)
(Using one string on guitar to ‘describe’ Melody, 1st two notes (I see) are one ‘step’ apart, rising. 1st and 3rd frets on my guitar, same string.
2nd two notes (you come) another ‘step’ up (fifth fret, same string) and the same note.)

I see you come.
I watch you go. (Same 1st two notes, 1st & 3rd frets, (I watch) same 3rd note, (you) fifth fret, 4th note (go) back to 1st note, 1st fret.)
I see you run, (repeat Melody)
the beach in slow (repeat Melody)
motion. (repeat 2nd and 3rd notes, 3rd and 5th frets)

I hear you laugh.
I want to be,
what makes you tick
Get into the
ocean.

(End 2nd Verse about 0:38 seconds.)

(Just after the ‘sweep’ sound, and the first three-note riff in the track, the Chorus sings in answer each time the three-note riff plays.)
(First note (You’re) is the same starting note as the Verses, 1st fret, but 2nd (Sun-) is eighth fret. -kissed is fifth fret. Repeats of Sun-kissed are tenth fret/fifth fret, eighth fret/fifth fret, and finally tenth fret/eighth fret notes.)
(Chorus)

You’re Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!

Your Sun-kissed skin,
My thirsty lips.
I-mag-i-ning,
is like magic
potions.

(Track ends)
Your laughing eyes,
are kissing mine.
You join my smile,
in such divine
devotion.

You’re Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!

(Bridge: Requires a Melody different from the Verse or Chorus Melodies. A breakaway to renew listener interest.)
Day’s delight! (10th, 8th, 5th fret notes)
Night’s ecstasy! (1st, 3rd, 5th, 5th)
Your promises (5, 10, 8, 5)
mess with me. (3, 5, 5)
Don’t let me down! (5, 10, 8, 5)
Don’t let me be! (1, 3, 5, 5)
Take my hand! (10, 8, 5)
My heart is free!  (1, 3, 5, 5)

You’re Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!
You’re Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!
Sun-kissed!

[ Edited: 09 May 2017 12:23 PM by Gary E. Andrews]

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

May 08, 2017, 12:27 PM

Hello Gary I’ll Pm you!

Marisse Joined Mar 30, 2016
  • Rank

Send PM

May 11, 2017, 12:06 PM

Does that help define the Melody? The intervals of half-steps and whole-steps, demonstrated on one linear guitar string in whatever key it’s in could enable you to figure out the Melody I’m using for the Lyric. Anything?

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM