Alert: SW101 will be closing down as of April 1, 2019. Read More.

Could we have a page where we discuss and analyze great songs, and why they work?

4 of 4

Jul 31, 2018, 12:41 PM
joel fass - 12 June 2017 05:18 PM

Nobody? Not 1 comment on ANY tune? From SONGWRITERS?

Guess it’s not a good idea after all. Floated it on another forum and also received nada response.

Oh, well…

It is a great idea Joel keep hammering at it ,  I myself often study the work of

those composers who have written those memorable songs going back to the 1930s

One of my favorites was the late Nat King Cole   not only was his Jazz Trio voted

Top for around three years running the man then conquered the World with his

wonderful vocals - When I Fall In Love- is a classic in every way, plus -Mona Lisa -

Stardust -  those superbly crafted songs can bring me to tears by the sheer perfection of vocals and

production   A magical time in the History of Popular Songs

[ Edited: 31 July 2018 12:44 PM by Peter Kristian]

Peter Kristian Joined Jan 11, 2008
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 31, 2018, 01:13 PM
Peter Kristian - 31 July 2018 12:23 PM

Joel Fuss

I wish there were more people like you around Joel ,  Sadly most on here, but not all

have not got the talent to evaluate a Hit Song ,  I have always been in awe of the top

writers of Yesteryear,  Thinkers like you and my humble self are very rare, 

Being a keen sportsman as well I have studied the skill and intelligence of people like

the late and great Cassius Clay, that’s the name he was born with ad I have always prefered

it       Clay changed the world of Boxing, and there will never be another like him

When I evaluate talent id don’t see the colour of that persons skin thats me in a nutshell

I have always been a fan of those big musicals as well , and we can learn so much from them

Its a great idea you have ,  and more should participate

It’s FASS—-but don’t make a, um, Fuss…

‘Charlie Christian got me in a world of trouble’—-me

joel fass Joined Jun 03, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

4 of 4