Lyricist and vocalist from Germany joining the ranks

Jun 26, 2017, 10:43 AM

Hey everyone!

I’m Harleyquincey or just Harley for short and I’m here to get some game on in the lyrics department - mostly seeking to provide and occasionally seeking feedback on existing ones as well.

I’ve been addicted to music for as long as I can remember, starting at age four and heck, it never left me. At first I learned to play violin, later electric guitar and back about two decades ago I decided to move entirely into singing and lyrics (since another hobby of mine is poetry). Sadly I’m a fair bit ill-equipped gear-wise for recording vocals atm so I stick to lyrics first and foremost.

Studied German and English at the university, so if anyone ever needs a translation either way around, feel free to hit me up, I actually enjoy that quite a bit. No, don’t just send me your technical documents about how to fit a flux capacitor on a Ford GT, I am talking about lyrics only ;)

Listing influences would take me ages, I tried to do in my profile but heck, I think every piece of music we have ever listened to becomes a part of us as artists, whether we like it or not, be it as a warning of how to not do it or as shining example of what we try to achieve.

This should suffice for an introduction - but hey, feel free to poke me if you feel like.

Cheers!

“The truth is hard to swallow if you’re choking on your pride”

Harleyquincey Joined Jun 26, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 26, 2017, 12:18 PM

Welcome and a nice big HELLO from Austria :)

...every once in a while, I get in the mood or so…and start to play..

http://www.songcycle.org

Martin G Joined May 27, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 26, 2017, 01:02 PM

Nice to meet you, Harley. Welcome aboard.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 26, 2017, 08:19 PM

Hello Harley,

Welcome to SW101, good to see you.  Glad you won’t be offended by a little fun, it happens a lot around here, however we know when to get serious also, lol.  Best wishes,

Speak soon,

Ron

Music is an international language, say it with a song.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Deacon Joined Aug 30, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jun 26, 2017, 11:21 PM

My flux capacitor was made in Germany, if that makes any difference. But I left the manual in the car when I first got it up to 88 mph and I haven’t seen the damned thing since.

Welcome to the campus of Songwriter101.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 23, 2017, 05:05 AM

Welcome Harley (your name doesn’t exactly sound German to me)!
Best wishes from Germany to Germany!

BTW, I think I spotted Gary’s flux capacitator when I last was in the USA. But that was in 1885, I’m afraid.

Bernd

Bernd
good lyricist, mediocre songwriter, lousy musician;
likes rock, writes for anybody anyway
http://bernd-harmsen.com

Bernd Harmsen Joined May 31, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM