TAXI: Another avenue to market

Jul 16, 2017, 10:44 AM

Here’s another of TAXI’s email notices of what’s in demand in the market of their particular client base.

I see one even says a rough demo will do, not necessarily ‘Broadcast Ready’ quality.

And it gives reference Songs to model your product after. You could look through your catalog and see if you have it already, could modify something you have, or write to those specs. One ‘success’ could lead to others.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 16, 2017, 10:45 AM

Here’s TAXI’s email:

Dear Passengers,
Got some Alt Rock you’d like to license for $2,500? How about Pop Songs for a Multi-Platinum Producer’s next project, or Indie Pop for a NON-exclusive Music Licensing Company? Scroll down to see the deadlines and details!

ALT-ROCK BALLADS with Female Vocals are needed for an (up to) $2,500, Direct-to-Supervisor placement in a Popular TV Show on a Major Broadcast Network. They’re looking for compelling, Mid-to-Up Tempo Songs in the general stylistic ballpark of artists and songs like (but not limited to), Paramore, Halestorm, Fighting The Villain, etc., etc., etc. Take a careful listen to the following references to get in the general ballpark of what they need:
“Decode” by Paramore
“Familiar Taste of Poison” by Halestorm
“The Great Charlatan” by Fighting The Villain
Please submit well-crafted Rock Songs that has great musicianship and authentic Rock influenced instrumentation that drives the Song. Be sure your submission has a strong vocal performance, with great melodies, and chorus that’s really solid.
Your lyrics should revolve around emotional concepts like wanting to give up, being let down, or someone not being there for you. Please avoid any themes about death or mourning. Universal lyrics that avoid mentioning specific names, dates, times, places, and profanity would do best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for feel and vibe. Broadcast quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).
The estimated license fee for this use is (up to) $2,500, depending on the ultimate placement. This Production Company buys out the publisher’s share when they pay you the sync fee. You’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. Please do NOT submit music for this pitch that is already signed to any other Libraries or Publishers. You must own or control your Copyright and Master recording. Please submit one to three Songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Monday, July 24th, 2017. TAXI #S170724AR

Join TAXI Today To Submit
Click Here To Join

CURRENT SOUNDING POP SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a Grammy-Winning Record Producer. He’s looking for Mid-to-Up Tempo Songs that would appeal to fans of these references and other songs that might appear on a playlist with them:
“I Feel It Coming” by The Weeknd
“Now Or Never” by Halsey
“Sugar” by Maroon 5
Give him well-structured songs that are rhythmically and melodically interesting and are in the general ballpark of the sound and style of the references mentioned above. Your Songs should have fresh, commercially appealing melodies, and a chorus that sounds like a true Hit.
Note: You don’t need to submit a fully produced demo for this. This Producer is willing to listen to stripped-down demos, but your song has to be really, really strong! Even though this producer would likely produce a new recording of the song, your demo’s vocal delivery should be really strong so he’s got plenty of ammo when it comes to getting his artist to cut it! Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Please submit one to three Songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Monday, August 7th, 2017.  TAXI #Y170807PS

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 16, 2017, 10:56 AM

Hi Gary,

This sounds like an interesting offer.
I work with multiple pop artists and a female singer that I think will like this,
Could you PM to get in touch.
cheers!!!

Lucas Mengual Joined Jul 16, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 16, 2017, 11:00 AM

Hey Gary, I’ve been interested in Taxi for a while. This year I might finally take the plunge. What is your experience with them?

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 16, 2017, 11:41 AM

Just go to http://www.taxi.com (I think) and you’ll know as much as I know. I don’t know who, if anyone, has found success through them. They’ve been around for some years now, and appear to have customers working through them to find Songs for various purposes, recording artists, labels, and Synchronization Licensing for film, movies, TV.

If you have recording capabilities and can match up what you have with what their customer specifies, you may have an opening into the market which may lead to more openings in that and other markets.

There has been an explosion of TV, with hundreds of channels offering visual product which they like to package with musical product to set the mood.

A man could waste a lot of time if he isn’t able to read the specs and tailor the product to supply the demand. I think I went so far as to find out how much it cost to join TAXI once and I seem to recall it was $300. That would be wasted money if you’re not recording Broadcast Ready product, recorded to the specifications of what you hear on movie soundtracks, broadcast radio, etc. And, a waste if your judgment of what ‘fits’ the request doesn’t match theirs. The consumer there, the buyer, can disagree, or simply choose a competitor over you. No guarantees; just a chance.

Check them out for yourself and see what you think. http://www.taxi.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jul 16, 2017, 11:59 AM

It’s $300 to join and a per song fee as well.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM