This Is Heaven

2 of 2

Aug 03, 2017, 05:41 PM

I like this. It has potential. I’m looking forward to what you guys come up with together.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 03, 2017, 05:47 PM

Thanks Gavin. This should be fun.
Tony P

Tony Pistilli Joined Apr 13, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 03, 2017, 08:19 PM

Ok, first off, the guitar fits the intended mood very well. Did you tweak any chords? I’m not too sure about some of the lyric changes but, like you said, it’s a first draft - as was mine. The trick is to figure out how to meld these ideas together into something great. I liked the shortened version. I hadn’t noticed how long my version was - 5 mins is way too long. I think the bridge needs to be more distinct - not necessarily like I had it…it seemed too much like the rest of the song. Maybe added instruments like keys or synth strings like you mentioned. Can you record just the guitar? Are you a part of any collab sites? procollabs just added a video chat thing like skype that collaborators can talk and brainstorm real-time. It was my idea and they implemented it. What do you think about something like that? Once we figure out how to work with each other, I think we can do some good stuff. Let me know what you think - and let me know if you changed up the chords so I’m working with what you are.
Tony

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 03, 2017, 09:53 PM

Lol, I like your enthusiasm :) Chord changes= Dsus XXO23O and C…something lol
X32O3O @“fears are gone”. The rest is just natural open chords. I suggested SKYPE
here once but the conversation just got weird…. or she was weird, I don’t remember.
Anyway, yea it seems we’re both on the same page… cool! Think about that “see
eternity” line though. “The wages of sin is death”, there aren’t any temporary lies…
I have an appointment in the morning, let’s give this some fresh ears tomorrow :)

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 04, 2017, 09:56 AM

If you go to procollabs.com you can set up a free account and join my project. We then, can do the video chat thing and it gives us a place to keep everything together. The only issue is that with a free account you can only upload mp3’s. I have a google drive account which we can transfer wav’s. Once we have the guitar part down, it will be much easier to get an excellent vocalist to join. 
Tony

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 07, 2017, 10:29 AM

I just replaced the original track with a piano version. This version doesn’t reflect the composition changes recently made.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

2 of 2