Dark Skies

Aug 26, 2017, 06:45 PM

I’ve been so busy these past few weeks that I haven’t visited the forum in a while. I also haven’t picked up my guitar in weeks. So today I picked it up and out came this song!!

https://soundcloud.com/user-930202776/dark-skies

John Evans Joined Oct 01, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 27, 2017, 12:45 AM

That just came out? You need to pick up your guitar more often. Typical brooding, atmospheric sound. I think it works well as an instrumental.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 27, 2017, 01:27 AM

Thanks Gav. The problem I have is that when I pick up the guitar some riff will come out and if I like it then I’ll spend hours building a song around it until it’s finished. I rarely let it sit for another day. But then I’ll listen to it for a few days and wind up hating the guitar solos so I’ll re-do those parts. Lol.

With this one the main acoustic riff came out first and I thought it sounded cool so then I made the drum track, added the electric guitar parts, bass line, and keys, and finally the guitar solo.

Next up…since I just finished watching the McGreggor / Mayweather fight, I think I’ll write a song called ‘I want my $100 bucks back’.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 18, 2017, 09:20 PM

you caught lightning in a bottle! ominous and foreboding without being depressing. the intro with the string section serves the song well. great guitar playing as always, Sir! I think this could work with or without vocals.

Brad Jaggard Joined Jun 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 19, 2017, 11:17 AM

Hey thanks Brad. Jenny might give this one a go so we’ll see how it ends up.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 19, 2017, 01:07 PM

I think that is an EXCELLENT idea! :)

Brad Jaggard Joined Jun 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank