Beginnners Daw selection Help please

Aug 31, 2017, 10:32 AM

This may be a generic question but I go through phases of frustration with different DAWS I am using. I have both mentioned being used on a ipad air. I Have garage band and I have Amplitube. I run both through an irig-pro. Has anyone used these platforms and is there a recomended preference for acheiving professinal qauility. I have been playing with both for about 6 months . One has a delay in sound/action ( when I play guitar or sing a vocal) while the other seems not so user friendly. Amplitube seems to give a better qaulity , but garage band is a lot easier to get started with. I accept that there will be a learning curve for recording, editing etc. Before I invest in extensive hours of learning , I would appreciate some input. What are the groups reccomendations and experience with the different DAWS.
Thanks your input is appreciated.

” I’m just a guy with a Guitar”
      BC Caster

BCCaster Joined Aug 29, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 31, 2017, 02:45 PM

BCCaster. Do you think the delay might be caused by the processor in your iPad Air?

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 31, 2017, 04:07 PM

Hello, this is my 2nd post… so… but I know stuff…. :)

Anyway.
What is your full setup?

Peace!

Michael Andresen Joined Aug 31, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 31, 2017, 04:27 PM

I use an Ipad with Garage band or Amplitube. I plug guitar in with IKmedia IrigPro. I listen via headphones or external speaker. Garage band amps and vocals have occasional delay with effects. Ampltube works fine It just not real user freindly ( my opinion only). Guitars played through set up. Fender telecaster, BC Rich Warlock and Breedlove Orengan Concert edition(Acouistic)......I know its a mix in axe styles but its me.

BC Caster

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 31, 2017, 04:38 PM

Hello,
hum?
The delay is called latency. I would go over to IKs site forum or IK tech support and ask them how you might be able to fix the problem.

Sorry, I wasn’t more help. 

Peace!

Michael Andresen Joined Aug 31, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Aug 31, 2017, 07:30 PM

Thanks all I appreciate the into

BC Caster

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 03, 2017, 12:45 AM

Hiya. If you’re using an irig-pro interface you shouldn’t have any noticeable latency so there is either a problem with the speed of your CPU or the amount of available RAM you’ve got OR something to do with how you’ve set it up. When you record, make sure you’ve got nothing else running. That’ll be the first thing to try, but after that, I’m with Michael. Go to their site and take a look at their FAQs. If you don’t find the answer there, just lodge a question with them. You’ll have your answer quickly and they’ll be able to talk you through the set-up.

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz
http://www.evansandstokes.com

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain”
- Bob Marley

Jenny Stokes Joined Sep 24, 2015
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM