Hi from Hungary!

Sep 01, 2017, 09:28 AM

Hello, everyone!

I’m a 23 year old Hungarian girl with a biiig-big dilemma. I write a lot of lyrics since the age of 14, usually on English. I cannot play on any musical instruments, write notes and have problems with singing technique as well and due to current financial situations, it’s not likely to get fixed very soon, maybe only in the further future.  My friends, who I showed them to,  told me to sell them but I don’t want because they are my children and on a day I may complete the songs as I get more musical knowledge. It’s, though, quite annoying that I have about 30 songs existing only in my head, lyrics written down only. I start to get kind of impatient, lol. :D

edit: don’t get me wrong, I’m open for possible collab of course ^_^

[ Edited: 01 September 2017 09:32 AM by Judie Sky]

Judie Sky Joined Sep 01, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 01, 2017, 09:32 AM

There is probably someone near you who would love to have Lyrics to put to music. Bernie Taupin found Elton John. Find your Elton. Perhaps they’re here! Welcome, Judie Sky, to the campus of Songwriter101.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 01, 2017, 09:33 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome, Gary E. Andrews! :)

• Rank

Send PM

Sep 01, 2017, 10:00 AM

Hi Judie. Welcome aboard!

If you start by posting lyrics to the Lyrics Library section here, you will probably get some feedback. And don’t forget to offer your own feedback to others. It can be in the form of detailed suggestions or just “I like this” (encouragement is always good).

As you know, it’s not easy writing in a foreign language, even if you speak it really well, but there are several people here who do it.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 01, 2017, 12:55 PM

Alright, I’m so happy that I found this community! ^^ I’ve read a lot and thinking which I should upload first. I actually have a lot of lyrics which I wrote when I was adolescent and i checked them again and corrected the grammar mistakes as now my English is much better than before… It was difficult, lol

• Rank

Send PM

Sep 02, 2017, 07:15 AM

Before posting any of my lyrics, I’d like to ask if I can put them all in one topic? (Ofc not all at the same time, waiting for response for one then posting the next, etc, but in the same topic.) Just because I see others posting them one by one giving a topic to each of them but haveing one topic for all seems to be more organized to me? Thanks for the answer in advance ^-^

• Rank

Send PM

Sep 02, 2017, 07:44 AM

I think you can do it any way you choose. I’m not sure how it will work. Will people realize that a new Lyric has been added? I don’t know how the site works. Will each new posting of a Lyric bring it back onto the home page? Try it and see.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Sep 03, 2017, 12:26 AM

Welcome Judie.
It’s probably best to post one lyric per topic. Some people (myself included) don’t check the Forum every day. When I come here, I will skim through the first entry for each topic and if I have something to say about it, I’ll read on. If not, I’ll just close the topic and move on to the next one. If you were posting all your songs under one topic, I might miss all but the first post. I don’t know if others use the Forum this way, but I’m pretty sure none of us reads through every post (some of which have 100s of responses). There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Very glad to have you on the Forum. Welcome Judie.
Jen

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz
http://www.evansandstokes.com

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain”
- Bob Marley

Jenny Stokes Joined Sep 24, 2015
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM