Audio file converters?

Oct 03, 2017, 02:13 PM

Hi folks, watcha using? Something free, no doubt?

Need to get .m4a to mp3, sans viruses and malware

Thanks!

Larry Gude Joined May 23, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 29, 2017, 11:04 AM

Not sure if you ever got this resolved but I thought I’d give a response since I was once trying to do something similar. There are a number of M4A to MP3 audio file converters online for free. Here are a few you can Google:

VSDC Free Audio Converter
Online Audio Converter
Zamzar
Switch

The Firefox browser also has a handy add-on for file conversion that I used to use, especially for YouTube videos, but I’m not sure if it’s still supported with the new Quantum version. Feel free to check it out as well. Hope this helps.

Susie Castillo Joined Oct 30, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 03, 2018, 09:53 AM

Thanks! Do you have a preference?

I used this https://online-audio-converter.com/  and it worked fast and free. However, when I moved two files to my android, they seemed to have some sort of self destruct code. They only worked a day, gave a message that the phone does not support this type of file on day 2 and actually disappeared altogether this AM.  LOL

I’m happy to pay for one if it’s simple and fast.

Larry Gude Joined May 23, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 03, 2018, 06:02 PM

If you have a little money to play with you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Go to your favorite
music store and shop for package deals, Zoom H4N Pro + Cubase for example. I use WavLab
and absolutely love it! It’s a lot more than just a converter though :)

If you’re running Windows check the Microsoft store for an app, lots of free stuff there too..

[ Edited: 03 January 2018 06:07 PM by JAPOV]

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM