Do you know anyone that can help?

1 of 2

Oct 06, 2017, 08:42 PM

Hello,
I am an artist with a physical disability, 1st of my kind.  I survive on disability income.  I do not the resources to record an industry–standard.  Do you know someone that would be willing to help me re-record my demo.  100% HIT, no doubt about it.

https://youtu.be/P7WLQaUocvc
Thank you,
Michael

[ Edited: 09 October 2017 09:12 PM by MichaelsLyric.com]

MichaelsLyric.com

MichaelsLyric.com Joined Mar 05, 2008
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 12:20 PM

Michael,

Nice to hear from you and good luck with your efforts. Let me ask you a question. Is there any way for you to get to a music store, or a venue that might feature live music in your area? A local songwriting group? A local church or civic organization? Local organizations that help handicapped or differently abled people to get around and find others that might have similar situations. The reason I ask is that there are usually things going on in most areas musically and it is always a good idea if possible to meet someone face to face. I have worked with many people who are disabled, Cerebral Palsy, MS, accident victims, etc. and their best results usually come in their own areas if they can get to them. Your disability might prohibit that so I do understand that and hope that you can find someone here or on other web sites that might be able to help you in your journey.

I just always like to remind people to never overlook your home area. There also might be a LOCAL web site that promotes discussions, current events, goings on in local areas that you can find on your computer. A “Google Search” might yield some interesting discussions.

Outside of that I applaud your efforts and hope someone with recording capability can help you. If you have specific questions that might help you, ask away and you might get some pointers in the right direction.
Good luck,
MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 01:57 PM

MAB is right of course, it’s always best to get ‘out there’ and mix it up with others if you can.
But… being disabled myself, (can’t dance and shouldn’t drive at night lol) I understand that a
band situation with younger guys can be….. untenable. If I’m reading you correctly, you already
have a rough demo that you want to polish up. If so, why not go ahead and post it? There
are a handful here who can possibly help. I’ve read some of your past posts and they’re not
bad. Do you play or sing?

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 03:28 PM

Thank you so much for replying, everyone )

Yes, I agree.  The best thing is to get out there.  I can’t go by myself, and I don’t have any one to go with.  I live with my parents, both are in their late 60s, both are Cancer survivors.

I tried to reach out locally, nationally, and internationally.  I can write a book just on that.  But, I am not going to go into details.  So many people would look so bad, I just don’t have the heart to dish it out.  I’ll probably take it with me, when my ghost leaves this body…lol. 

I just turned 41, three days ago.  And yes, I know that 99% of the music business is business; “you have to pay into the industry,” and “there is no such thing as free lunch.” Well, I hope that all the thousands of people that ignored and rejected me will get to take their pennies with them with when they die, like the Egyptian mummies haha…  For me, it’s about a lifetime accomplishment, about the dying, American dream of being heard.  I don’t give a crap about all this materialism that the humanity is drowning in….

No, there is no polishing this demo.  It was recorded in 1999 and the song needs a complete remake.  Here it is.

https://youtu.be/P7WLQaUocvc

Again, thank you very much for caring, everyone )  it means everything to me!

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 04:02 PM

It’s certainly interesting. The vocals are a little strange but it’s not hard to get past them to the song, which is nicely played on the guitar, at least in my opinion. And I actually found myself warming to those strange vocals after a while :)

I also like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z-kPqTRLIM

It’s nice to hear something very different once in a while.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 04:19 PM

Thank you so much )  My Only One also has a very memorable chorus, first lyrics of my book.  And I understand vocals, but it’s because of Riki’s Japanese background, he was able to come up with such emotional, intricate melodies.

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 04:29 PM

Hello Michael,

Very interesting song and vocal, really liked the guitar work.  Hope you are able to find someone to handle your remake.  Thank you for sharing this, best wishes.

Speak soon

Music is an international language, say it with a song.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Deacon Joined Aug 30, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 04:37 PM

Thank you so much )))  I hope so, too.  It is such universal song.  But, it does need strong vocals, like Adele, for example.

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 05:53 PM

Hello Michael and everyone.

Japov, I was not really referring to Michael here as a performer, only suggesting he attempt to find ways to get around other like minded people who might be in his area.

He brought to mind to people I’ve worked with before and their own adventures.

One was “George” a late 40ish guy from near Jacksonville Fla. he has been in a wheelchair his entire life, due to Cerebral Palsy, but as dealt with it about as well as anyone I’ve ever seen. He has a great sense of humor, calls himself “Wheels”, decorates his wheelchair, and always has a huge smile. He is also a MONSTER of a harmonica player. He wanted to do one of my songwriter workshop events so bad, he researched and found a company that provided transportation to and from Nashville, another that did transportation in town, a wheelchair accessable hotel room and really got himself everywhere. Everyone was so impressed with him, particularly when we got him up to play with us on a couple of live shows. He made a ton of friends, as everyone wanted to take pictures to him and keep him “Rolling on.” He has hooked up with some people in his home area and is regularly seen around the Jacksonville area.

The other is Holly, from Winnipeg, Manitoba. Much the same as George, she had MS from birth and again wheelchair bound. She did a lot of the same thing, hooked up with a local songwriter’ group I was working with. Through meetings and shows with the group, she found a couple of co-writers and actually someone who lived in her area, so she got a regular ride as well. And if you know anything about the winters in WINTERPEG, you know that is a pretty helpful thing to have. Both of those people give new meaning to ‘driven” and inspired many, far beyond just writing some songs.

I don’t know Micheal’s situation and understand only he can decide for himself. I’m merly trying to offer some suggestions that might get him to think in different directions. It is always my position that while getting things done through the Internet is one part of it there is nothing like meeting people face to face for things beyond the music and into the relationships.

Michael, the key to music now is working WITH artists to write songs as opposed to the old days of pitching songs TO ARTISTS. Now they insist on being involved in the process and for the most part are no longer interested in someone “putting words in someone’s mouth.” By being involved in your own community,you would increase your chances to hook up with the “next Adele” who might be out there in the next few years. That is who you are looking for. Adele doesn’t really need anyone’s help.

At any rate, I wish you luck and hopefully, someone around here can help you find things you are looking for. But always look “BEYOND the song.” The music business is about relationships. Songs are just a byproduct of those relationships.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 06:31 PM

I agree, Ricki did a great job with just a 4track tape recorder! I still have some old
tapes that sound very similar, singing into an old Radio Shack microphone lol.
And you’re right, the song deserves a soulful voice. Best wishes Michael, hope
you find your Adele :)

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 06:36 PM

I told Adele she could have a couple of my songs just to get her off my back. She can be very persistent. That’s going to keep her busy for a while, but I’ll ask her if she can fit yours in next. :)

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 06:41 PM

Thank you, Marc )  I appreciate your time and effort, very much, as I appreciate everyone that is replying )))

I realize that Adele isn’t looking for anyone’s help.  I’m innocent but not naive lol.  I used to collaborate with many artists, from all over the world, ever since the Internet blew up, in 1998.  Much of the 1st chapter of my book has been turned into songs.  But, the latest trend is that everyone wants to get paid upfront, or they need to know if you have “connections,” especially in genres I am interested, Hip Hop and Electronic.

My nature, I am a very social human.  I love to be around people.  And I did reach out to every local organization that I could find.  Most never replied.  Those that did reply, I don’t want to talk about it…

Those are some very fortunate people that you mentioned, Marc.  Most of what I accomplished, I have done all by myself, with just a microphone, from my 10 by 10.  I never had any connections or money.  Here is a little more about me…

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/books/ct-prj-flow-of-illuminati-michale-lerman-20141204-story.html

https://www.artlifting.com/collections/michaels-lyric

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 06:42 PM

Darn it Ganin! You said she was gonna’ do mine next!

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 06:45 PM

JAPOV, that’s how these songs were recorded, on an analog 4track.  I still have the original cassette tapes haha…..

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 06:49 PM

Gavin, lol.  How about Christina? hahaha….......  Timberlake? hahahahaha….................  No?  Nobody is answering??  Darn it all!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited: 07 October 2017 06:54 PM by MichaelsLyric.com]

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:02 PM

I just finished reading your articles Michael, do you have samples of your electronic
music to share?

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

1 of 2