Do you know anyone that can help?

2 of 2

Oct 07, 2017, 07:12 PM
MichaelsLyric.com - 07 October 2017 06:49 PM

Gavin, lol.  How about Christina? hahaha….......  Timberlake? hahahahaha….................  No?  Nobody is answering??  Darn it all!!!!!!!!!!

Michael, those guys are always pestering me too, and I really don’t want to encourage them.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:14 PM

Certainly, JAPOV )  I admit, it’s not the greatest lol

https://youtu.be/AoFABh7eu-4

MichaelsLyric.com

MichaelsLyric.com Joined Mar 05, 2008
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:16 PM

LOL

Gavin Sinclair - 07 October 2017 07:12 PM
MichaelsLyric.com - 07 October 2017 06:49 PM

Gavin, lol.  How about Christina? hahaha….......  Timberlake? hahahahaha….................  No?  Nobody is answering??  Darn it all!!!!!!!!!!

Michael, those guys are always pestering me too, and I really don’t want to encourage them.

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:18 PM
MichaelsLyric.com - 07 October 2017 07:14 PM

Have you thought about which of your lyrics would best suit this? :)

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:25 PM

Nah, never thought.  It’s just an instrumental.  I suppose many would.  I have many 16 bar verses…  Of course, I guess something can also be written specifically for the verse and chorus melodies.

JAPOV - 07 October 2017 07:18 PM
MichaelsLyric.com - 07 October 2017 07:14 PM

Have you thought about which of your lyrics would best suit this? :)

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:30 PM

Well, think on it…..... Perhaps you’ll inspire a singer this way, and claim authorship
of the music too! :)

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:34 PM

Are the melodies catchy enough, you think? Oh, it’s already registered with BMI.

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:38 PM

I think if your lyrics are meaningful enough then, yes! :)

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:46 PM

Thanks )  I just listened to Losing Game.  Nicely written and performed!  Like the mastering on it.  Makes me want to watch a bad-### movie.

JAPOV - 07 October 2017 07:38 PM

I think if your lyrics are meaningful enough then, yes! :)

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:48 PM

Lol, keep listening…... I’m all over the place :)

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 07:54 PM

That’s just part of the artistry, improvisation )))

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 08:52 PM

“I realize that Adele isn’t looking for anyone’s help.  I’m innocent but not naive lol.  I used to collaborate with many artists, from all over the world, ever since the Internet blew up, in 1998.  Much of the 1st chapter of my book has been turned into songs.  But, the latest trend is that everyone wants to get paid upfront, or they need to know if you have “connections,” especially in genres I am interested, Hip Hop and Electronic”

Well Micheal you have dived into a pretty deep pool. With the advent of computers, sampling, and the Internet, it put pretty much everyone into the game and actually got away from songs and more into production. I couldn’t even begin to tell you what to do about that. The “asking for money up front” started creeping in about 20 years ago as the value of songs themselves started decreasing. Now pretty much everyone wants to be paid for doing anything for anyone, because they would rather just do things for themselves. And that is sort of where the world is now.
Everyone is self focused and self sufficient. Not much teamwork anymore outside of very tightly controlled groups.

What we all have to do is find out how to involve ourselves in those groups. And we really have to find our way into the groups of tomorrow, two, three or five years down the road.
Again, I wish you well. There are some people here who have talents in those directions. Unfortunately, I’m not one of those people. But again, I do wish you well. Nice getting to know you and what you are trying to do.

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 07, 2017, 10:22 PM

Thank you, Marc.  It is great to communicate with you )

MichaelsLyric.com

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 08, 2017, 11:22 AM

Michael,

Nice to meet and hear from you also. It is a good place for getting feedback here and finding like minded people to get closer to your goals.
I live in a town and a world that requires personal interaction. The larger the actual music industry gets, the tighter the circles involved in the inside get, and less and less outside people have an opportunity to get into them. So most everyone has to find their own niche, their own people, etc.

In Nashville, we are all a community of songwriters and in some way a large, disfunctional family. Everyone has their own friends, their own teams, their own niche’s that they have had to find and develop in their own ways. But people come in and out all the time, will always be a new crew coming in and and old crew going out.

So my experience is always going to be a “must be present to win” sort of approach. Others do things on the Internet, find their own niches in their own ways and you have to do much of that, which of course, what you are doing here in the first place. I would encourage you to continue to reach out and get people involved in what you do as much as you can. And always, the more you can tell us about yourself, the more people become familiar with you and therefore might be more inclined to be involved with what you do.

Good luck,
MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

2 of 2