Increase sales/awareness of your songs. For those promoting to your own fanbase

Oct 14, 2017, 08:03 AM

Hi.

This post is for those of you who are promoting and selling your songs/albums directly to your own fan base. Not so much for those who concentrate on pitching songs to other artists.

I just want to share a simple strategy that I implemented for my own music about half a year ago - a strategy that has greatly improved my sales and the general awareness of my music. I am getting new fans almost every day.

At the risk of offending a few of you ;) - In my humble experience, most artists (yours truly included) are good at concentrating on their art - refining and finishing a new song - but not so good at promoting the finished product.

For many years I have been releasing my own music and selling it from my own website. I have a faithful fanbase - but they can only buy so much. It’s been difficult to grow this fanbase - getting more awareness about my music.

Then I read a book - nothing to do with songwriting. A book about internet marketing. What to do to promote any product online and how to create awareness about your “brand”.

So - I put this new knowledge to good use - it took me no more than a couple of days to implement - and now my fanbase is growing steadily.

As I have already said - you are more than welcome to see how I did - and it’s easy to copy if you want to try it out. I have a blog post on my homepage where you can read all about it.

http://freelivingacademy.com/index.php/free-living-songwriter/

That’s all..

Have a nice day

Niels

Niels Andersen, Songwriter, Musician, Home Page http://freelivingacademy.com/index.php/free-living-songwriter/

Niels Andersen Joined Oct 14, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 14, 2017, 12:24 PM

Just read your pitch :) Question:
1- How do you get people to your “FREE NEWSLETTER” page to begin with?
2- Well known artists already employ these tactics, so how does this help a new artist?

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM