Hello I need your advice

Oct 15, 2017, 05:55 PM

Hello I started recording some songs at professional recording studio I am hiring a vocalist and drummer ,After I finish the songs I want to send them to labels….etc, Is it ok to post them in youtube, soundcloud ....,or labels they dont want that ??

Navil Joined Oct 15, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 18, 2017, 06:06 AM

Who knows WHAT labels want? I hear there are only about five big ones nowadays. There are lots of little ones. Being able to refer them to any site where they can hear a demonstration performance of the Song you’re pitching is necessary. If they’re interested they’ll probably ask you to ‘scrub’ it off the internet. But I can see the convenience of a one-click link being appealing to the very busy person who is looking for product.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 20, 2017, 02:49 PM

Navil,

To submit anything to a label, outside of very small ones, you would need an intemediary which are what PUBLISHERS are. There is a myth that labels are “looking for songs.” They really are not. They already have songs and artists of their own, many that they have paid large amounts of money to develop and promote. So they are actually looking for CUSTOMERS for what they already have.

And they will not accept anything “SENT IN.” That is why they have a policy of “NO UNSOLICITED MATERIAL.” They do not open files, do not accept CD’s, do not go to web sites, or entertain aspects of anything from people they DO NOT KNOW. That is what a publisher is. Someone with the contacts and reputation to get songs heard. That is why you would have to give up half of a song to even be considered in the first place.

In your own efforts, you would be best served to find artists, most likely ones that are not yet signed but are involve with building their careers. The newer the artist, the less accomplished they are, therefore, needing more help.

But be advised, that is much harder than it seems because artists are ALSO very ego driven and in many cases hard to work with. It is the reason that no matter what you do, you must first build relationships with PEOPLE, before you even get a chance to pitch or promote anything.

Having your music on easy to find sites, are a good step as people will want to see and hear what you do before considering working with you.

Most of this is like that old saying. “HOW DO YOU GET A JOB WITHOUT EXPERIENCE? HOW DO YOU GET EXPERIENCE WITHOUT A JOB?”
You have to find a way. But first you have to understand the way the game is played.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM