Hello from Nashville

Oct 18, 2017, 10:45 PM

I’ve been writing for most of my life, have had some songs recorded and been with a few publishers, and still have a co-pub deal with a company in Nashville.  I don’t co-write anymore since my writing these days is focused on story songs, which I think really need one point of view.

Looking forward to joining the discussions.

F.D. Leone Joined Oct 18, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 21, 2017, 12:37 AM

Glad to meet you. I’m Mark in SC. I’ve still,on a 30 plus yr quest to write something decent. I’ve been on here for a few yrs but absent for a while too. I look forward to any “this is how I wrote this” recollection that you wish to share. Mark

Mark brasington Joined Nov 18, 2014
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 21, 2017, 08:18 PM
Mark brasington - 21 October 2017 12:37 AM

Glad to meet you. I’m Mark in SC. I’ve still,on a 30 plus yr quest to write something decent. I’ve been on here for a few yrs but absent for a while too. I look forward to any “this is how I wrote this” recollection that you wish to share. Mark

Hi Mark, nice to meet you.

• Rank

Send PM

Oct 22, 2017, 10:19 AM

Hi F.D…...I liked a few songs I heard. I can appreciate your sentiment about writing our own words. I write all my own music and sing but only write about half my words. I’ve worked with many great lyrics and the songs are fine. BUT I much prefer to write my story and journey and how I see life and the world. SO take it easy in Nashville. Check out my song….

HARD TIMES ON MAINSTREET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f73ZtDs07C4

My Songs are at Barry Butler on youtube….

Barry .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)    I went to your facebook page. IF you want come on over and Friend me…..

Barry Butler Joined Oct 11, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Oct 22, 2017, 11:48 AM
Barry Butler - 22 October 2017 10:19 AM

Hi F.D…...I liked a few songs I heard. I can appreciate your sentiment about writing our own words. I write all my own music and sing but only write about half my words. I’ve worked with many great lyrics and the songs are fine. BUT I much prefer to write my story and journey and how I see life and the world. SO take it easy in Nashville. Check out my song….

HARD TIMES ON MAINSTREET

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f73ZtDs07C4

My Songs are at Barry Butler on youtube….

Barry .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)    I went to your facebook page. IF you want come on over and Friend me…..

Hi Barry,

I listened to Hard Times on Main Street, good job overall, but the idea has been done a lot (true of most songs, which is why some kind of unique aspect is important).  Keep writing; you’ve got talent.  Thanks for reaching out.

• Rank

Send PM

Oct 22, 2017, 12:32 PM

Welcome, F. D. Leone, to the campus of Songwriter101.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 10, 2018, 08:51 PM

Would you be interested in helping me co-write some songs , could use someone who has a lot of excperience just starting out I’m only 19 so another opinion would be nice

Taylor ann Joined Feb 10, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 11, 2018, 09:32 AM

I can’t write with you but I’m hear to help you with questions and ideas.
Barry .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Barry Butler Joined Oct 11, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 09, 2018, 01:15 AM

Some story songs can have two points of view.  For example, a love song could be written with a boy telling his point of view and a girl telling her point of view.  But still, good luck!

God Bless America
———————————-
God Bless Country
———————————-
God Bless the USMC

Joshua Sulentic Joined Apr 08, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM