Looking for country musician to collaborate with

Oct 30, 2017, 03:20 PM

I’ve got country lyrics im looking for a musician to collaborate with on melody.

Dusty michaels Joined Oct 30, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 10, 2018, 01:48 PM

I may be interested. I have a lot going on but always up for working with others. Is it just lyrics you have? Are you looking to fully produce the songs and release them? Also are you a member of a PRO? Will the split be 50/50?

Samuel Davis Jr
BMI Songwriter
http://www.sammycountry.com

Samuel Davis Jr Joined Jan 10, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 11, 2018, 08:44 AM

Yes as of right now all i have is lyrics and a basic melody in my head. I would like to get the some basic rithym guitar put with them with the ultimate goal of cutting a demo and trying to sell them but i am just getting started and dont know alot about the industry. I would like to do a 50/50 split. I am not a member of pro yet but will be shortly just trying to decide which one.

Dusty michaels Joined Oct 30, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 18, 2018, 12:55 PM

Hi Dusty, like you, I’m a bit new to the industry as well and was recently trying to find someone to help me put music to my lyrics for my first demo. I hope Samuel will be able to help you, since he’s the only one who’s replied so far. But just in case you still need someone to collaborate with, I would suggest that you check out a website called Tunedly. They helped connect me with some talented session musicians for my demo. And the best part is that I didn’t have to share the rights. So I think it’s worth a look if you don’t find anyone here.

Susie Castillo Joined Oct 30, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 23, 2018, 05:31 AM

Do you know Scales and Chords ?,  Writing a lyric without knowledge of those two

minimum requirements , is quite frankly a waste of time, yes there are one or two who

say they can do it,    Remember a song lyric is for the Ear not the Eye , its not a Novel

or a short story

Study the hits and break them down ,  Having a Soundclick Song Site of similar loaded

with forty plus songs when you dont understand meter is ridiculous ,  there is the meter of

the songs   Rhythm,  and the meter of the melody,  understand the difference and you stand a

a chance of getting some where   , but it does not stop there- Contrast - Repetition - Rhyme Schemes

it goes on an on Format -  using the right words in the high and low areas of your composition

all these things and more   Best Of Luck

Peter Kristian Joined Jan 11, 2008
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM