NEW MAB CUT ON SHAUN MURPHY

Oct 31, 2017, 09:56 PM

THE QUEEN OF ROCKIN’ BLUES!!!!!!
One of my favorite bands were always LITTLE FEAT! I have a lot of those grooves and rhythms in my music from that band. And I really loved the SECOND incarnation of the band, that featured this MONSTEROUS singer named SHAUN MURPHY!!! She was this powerhouse vocalist that rocked everything she touched.
I really got into her and then found out she also sang with BOB SEEGER, and TONS of monster artists. But she was the killer on everything she was close to.
WHAT A SOULFUL VOICE!!!
A few years back, I was lucky to sing with a LITTLE FEAT TRIBUTE BAND named BIG SHOES, for a bit and through them, I actually got to MEET HER!!! I must admit I was a bit star struck. She was as good live as she was on record. Very rare.
A couple years after that I met her again at a MUSIC STARTS HERE, get together and she mentioned she might be interested in writing with me.
WOAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
(TOLD YOU GUYS TO GO TO THOSE EVENTS!!!!)
A couple weeks after that….BOOM!!!! She’s at my house and we were actually writing. The God’s smiled on us that day and we came up with “OUT OF MY OWN WAY” a tribute to all of us , particularly players who sometimes are our own worst enemies. She had a monster line:
“I’ve been beat up, I’ve been kicked down,
But I don’t stay down for long
Ain’t a problem I can;t overcome
And come back twice as strong!”
Man, that summed it up! I was so excited to be working with this legend, I wanted to play it everywhere. But sometimes you have to wait, and make sure it’s right.
WELL TODAY IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!!
I got my copy of her CD, MIGHTY GATES, with our song on it at the NUMBER TWO track!
I’m very excited about it and would love all my buds to go check her out! If you like my “R&B flavored stuff, you;re gonna love this! She knocks it out of the park!!!
Thank you Shaun!!!!!! Loved it!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155894803481926&set=a.10150131436056926.298539.754751925&type=3

http://www.shaunmurphyband.com/store/

[ Edited: 31 October 2017 11:12 PM by MBarne4908]

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 01, 2017, 08:24 PM

I found it on Spotify. Nice.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 02, 2017, 09:37 AM

Thanks for listening Gavin. For me, it is sort of like that old saying Emmy, Tony and Grammy Winners say. “It is an honor just to be nominated.” Actually that IS true. When you consider all the people trying to do music, getting a really cool writing appointment with someone you really respect is GREAT. Getting that person to LOVE the idea enough to write it, is tremendous. Getting that person to actually run with the ball, record it, spend money, get it through her manager, publicists, etc. and put it on a project is WONDERFUL. And having it turn out well, sound great and especially after not HEARING IT FOR OVER A YEAR, coming back and reminding you that “That is a really cool song…” is all great.

I performed it yesterday on a show I did here in town and it resonates with people who both like my music and newcomers that have never heard me. Nice to be able to tell them where to go get it. All of that are the victories we take. Nice to have songs out there being heard.

That is a victory. Thanks for taking the time and going to listen.

MAB

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 05, 2017, 01:28 PM
MBarne4908 - 02 November 2017 09:37 AM

Thanks for listening Gavin. For me, it is sort of like that old saying Emmy, Tony and Grammy Winners say. “It is an honor just to be nominated.” Actually that IS true. When you consider all the people trying to do music, getting a really cool writing appointment with someone you really respect is GREAT. Getting that person to LOVE the idea enough to write it, is tremendous. Getting that person to actually run with the ball, record it, spend money, get it through her manager, publicists, etc. and put it on a project is WONDERFUL. And having it turn out well, sound great and especially after not HEARING IT FOR OVER A YEAR, coming back and reminding you that “That is a really cool song…” is all great.

I performed it yesterday on a show I did here in town and it resonates with people who both like my music and newcomers that have never heard me. Nice to be able to tell them where to go get it. All of that are the victories we take. Nice to have songs out there being heard.

That is a victory. Thanks for taking the time and going to listen.

MAB

That’s fantastic!!!!

Larry Gude Joined May 23, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 05, 2017, 02:19 PM

Thanks Larry. How are things for you? What’s going on in your musical career.

MAB

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 05, 2017, 03:20 PM
MBarne4908 - 05 December 2017 02:19 PM

Thanks Larry. How are things for you? What’s going on in your musical career.

MAB

Still trying to get the thing moving. I’m chomping at the bit to just burn the boats and go all in. She’s being all sensible and patient and cautious and stuff!

I put up a soundcloud link in the video forum with a couple tunes we did finish. Still cranking out a couple new ones a week that just need to be finished.

Thanks for asking!

Larry Gude Joined May 23, 2017
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM