Song suggestions

Nov 09, 2017, 07:48 PM

So if you people want me to write about a certain subject then don’t think twice about sending in any recommendations to me or even if i need to work on something or if something is going on in your life and you need some lyrics to back you up on what is on your mind then by all means please message me and i’ll know. Thanks much love, -Jeff

Jeff Conner Joined Nov 08, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 09, 2017, 08:16 PM

I see drums n vox in your profile! You should post some of that :)

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Jeff,

Do yourself a little exercise. Drive or walk to a local business area. Look around at business signs, billboards, people wandering around the area, cars, stores, all the things that go on around you. If you have to sit on a bench or at a resturant, do that and people watch for a whle. Take a pad and pen or whatever you write down.

Make notes of TEN ideas that could be used as song fodder. What are the relationships going on? Who are the people? What relationship could they have to the general public in a song? You don’t have to worry about TITLES as much as SENARIOS. Then what type of songs would those be? Slow bluesy grooves, fast Urban settings, love or breaking up songs, huge power ballads, up tempo rapid fire, that will be determined when you sit down with an instrument to go to the next level.

Then try to make sure you write about half of those. Never know what you’re gonna get.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM