Jazzy Blues Song (Goodbye darling)

Nov 13, 2017, 06:40 PM

Jazz Blues Bar.

Jazzy Blues Song (Goodbye darling)

https://soundcloud.com/patfeely/jazzy-blues-song-by-pat-feely-diademgrove-guy-barry

I’m just wondering is this a dream, I’m i really sitting in a bar
listening to a guy telling me about his life
In the background i hear the Jazzy Blues song
I say to the barman hey, give me a whiskey on the rocks

damn it, i certainly like that tune
I’m starting to sing it to myself now
don’t know what words i have at the moment but,
I don’t know

That’s a sax ain’t it, i like that Sam, yeah,
brings back memories

Where did you go why did you leave me darling
I don’t understand baby i just cant live like this anymore
I’m in, need of your kiss, i wake up each night just hoping
That the next time you call, you’ll stay you’re staying

But as time go by I’m beginning to realize that your love for me it has died
damn it, I’m wiping away these tears now and ill throw away those years and im going to say goodbye to you darling, somehow, but just not tonight.

play it again Sam

Yeah, you know in the morning, i lie awake, memories of you, are still there, your lips I long to kiss, and to feel again your loving touch, yeah where did you go darling why did you leave me

as time go by I’m beginning to realize that your love for me it has died

Goodbye darling

Barman, give me another whiskey

© copyright house all rights reserved

Patrick F Joined Mar 03, 2013
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 14, 2017, 08:43 AM

Hey Pat, I love the idea for the song and the atmosphere you create. The background crowd noises work really well (where did you get them?) and your voice is right, although there is the occasional word that is hard to make out.

I have a song idea that I will get around to working on one day that involves a guy sitting in a bar talking a bit like this, although it’s a very different song. In my head the guy is not talking to a distant lost love who can’t hear him but to the guy on the next bar stool. I wonder if that might work here. It’s not difficult for the audience to put themselves on that bar stool and hear the singer talking directly to them and it adds intimacy as if the drunk man is confiding in them - as drunks tend to do.

Just a thought.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 15, 2017, 02:49 PM

When I opened this one up, I did not expect what I found. Neat idea Patrick. The “song” pulled me in right from the first line. I needed to know how it was going to end.

The word, “words” in line seven was hard to make out.

Neat vibe.

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz
http://www.evansandstokes.com

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain”
- Bob Marley

Jenny Stokes Joined Sep 24, 2015
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 18, 2017, 07:46 PM
Gavin Sinclair - 14 November 2017 08:43 AM

Hey Pat, I love the idea for the song and the atmosphere you create. The background crowd noises work really well (where did you get them?) and your voice is right, although there is the occasional word that is hard to make out.

I have a song idea that I will get around to working on one day that involves a guy sitting in a bar talking a bit like this, although it’s a very different song. In my head the guy is not talking to a distant lost love who can’t hear him but to the guy on the next bar stool. I wonder if that might work here. It’s not difficult for the audience to put themselves on that bar stool and hear the singer talking directly to them and it adds intimacy as if the drunk man is confiding in them - as drunks tend to do.

Just a thought.

This started of with Guy starting a “In defence of theory” on another songwriting forum and Keith took his chords sequence and posted a minute and more and one thing let to another “The background crowd noises” bar crowd sound effect for free, download about 30 seconds then pack them together.

Your remembrance of your own song, im looking forward to hearing it.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 19, 2017, 06:16 PM
Jenny Stokes - 15 November 2017 02:49 PM

When I opened this one up, I did not expect what I found. Neat idea Patrick. The “song” pulled me in right from the first line. I needed to know how it was going to end.

The word, “words” in line seven was hard to make out.

Neat vibe.

Thanks Jenny your feedback makes it all worthwhile, never to sure about trying something different but really delighted with reading your words and talking about words, i listen back on line seven a few times and to me it sounds okay, maybe its the irish way of saying that word.

[ Edited: 20 November 2017 09:13 AM by Patrick F]

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM