Looking for feedback on ArtistPR.com

Nov 27, 2017, 09:02 PM

I am looking for input from anyone who has any feedback regarding ArtistPR.com
looking into this organization for possible join up and would like to hear of others experiences and thoughts

Doug Coop Joined Nov 27, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 28, 2017, 09:46 AM

Doug,

I am not familiar with this particular organization, but I would ask you, what are you expecting out of an organization and how close do you know them personally?

The reason is that music is a very personal endeavor, and many people spend money on long distance, internet based companies, that they never meet, don’t have any real connection with and expect miracles in promotion and development. Basically everyone is trying to do the same thing. Put their music and their efforts on to online platforms, and expect it to go bouncing around among BILLIONS of other things exactly the same, and wonder why nothing much happens. The biggest things you read on any online only services are generally complaints, because they don’t live up to the hype.

Before I spent any money on anything, I would meet the people you are thinking of working with. If they can’‘t provide you personal information, I’d look a little closer. I’d also find people who are doing the same thing you want to do, successfully, artists, publishers, labels, etc. and see what they are doing. If you are going to emulate someone, emulate the successes.

And then most of all, what is it you are already doing that can be added to? Far too many people think they can sign on to an internet service and suddenly everything magically starts working. They think they can just skip the building local and regional followings, earning street credibility, building political connections, and skip right over the entire process. That doesn’t happen either.

So I would constantly review what you are already doing and see where a company like this might fit in, instead of expecting them to wave a magic wand to promote you on things you actually can do yourself. A lot of soul searching is nessasary in this business because it can be VERY EXPENSIVE and often have VERY LITTLE FINANCIAL REWARDS.

You are doing a very smart thing here and I suggest you do it on as many forums as you can find.

Good luck,
MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 28, 2017, 12:56 PM

Thank you for your candid input and taking the time to respond.

Doug Coop Joined Nov 27, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Nov 28, 2017, 02:36 PM

Doug,

Glad to do it. The Internet is a great tool, but only one. Too many people completely omit the personal side of things and yet this business is one of the MOST PERSONAL RELATED BUSINESSES there is. It is always determined by egos and everyone involved has larger ones than you do. So finding ways to get close to the people on the business side, in order to reach people on the CONSUMER side is the most important thing you can do.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM