Best.Thread.Ever!  :P

Brad Jaggard Joined Jun 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 14, 2017, 10:28 AM

Where you belong at the top of the charts, Tony!

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 14, 2017, 12:48 PM

Darn!! I should have done the “BORG” thing lol…....

Sorry I went all “Breaking Bad” on you, but it was just too easy :)

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 14, 2017, 02:36 PM

I downloaded a VST plug-in called PitchProof which looks like it might do at least some of what you are talking about. I’ll let you know when I’ve had a chance to try it out.

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 19, 2017, 07:20 AM

Well that took a bit of reading. Man you’re one popular dude.
Great song Gavin. I’m with Martin and Tony. I think a little stacking and shifting could be a good thing, but only in parts and any shifting should be subtle and not go so far as harmonizing. It seems to me that this song is a conversation between two people. Putting harmony (even if it’s yours) adds another person into the conversation.

Love the line “So much that’s a mystery, mister.”

Laughed uproariously at…
Tell who made God
And if he made man
in his own image
Tell me who made
Donald Trump

Love the way the sax comes in at the end.

The highlight of this thread…
“A tenor sax would actually make a great bong!”
Indeed.

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz
http://www.evansandstokes.com

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain”
- Bob Marley

Jenny Stokes Joined Sep 24, 2015
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 21, 2017, 02:32 AM

I believe that’s been Gavin’s insinuation all along lol… “chain smoking saxophone playing midgit” :)

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 21, 2017, 12:00 PM

Aldo may be of minor stature, but he is a major talent. Persuading him to join the band wasn’t easy, but it was worth the effort.

From the official bio at http://www.mysteriousbeings.com, written before he switched from Gitanes to Gauloises.

I first met Aldo, the youngest member of the band, in Paris, where he used to play tuba in the subway. At that time, there were very few tuba playing dwarfs in the Parisian transportation system and, at only four feet three, Aldo had carved out a small but lucrative niche for himself. He was popular with other musicians, always willing to lend his amazing sense of rhythm in support of violinists and accordion players and earning himself the affectionate nickname of the Metro Gnome.

It took me two years and a couple of van-loads of unfiltered Gitane cigarettes to lure him out of his subterranean habitat and into the back of my roadie Ford Van Drijver’s unmarked Transit van. Ironically, none of our songs actually feature a tuba, but it turned out Aldo was also a dab hand at the saxophone, which was lucky really. The unfiltered Gitane habit is unfortunate, as it restricts Aldo’s playing to a maximum of twenty-eight seconds or one hundred and forty notes per song, whichever is longer, but he doesn’t take up much space in the van and we think it’s worth keeping the little feller around just for that.

Image Attachments
Aldo Small.jpg

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

3 of 3