CD Baby “Indie Bible”

Dec 13, 2017, 12:14 PM

I got an email from CD Baby today telling me about what they call the “Ultimate Indie Bundle” from Indie Bible. Has anyone ever heard of this or used it? Is it worth the $49?

Here’s what the email said about it…

From Country to Hip Hop, Gospel to Heavy Metal, Folk to Experimental, and everything in between, the Indie Bible has helped THOUSANDS of independent artists reach success!

Even though you have recorded some AMAZING songs, in order to succeed you need to build an AWARENESS of your music, not just a FEW places, but EVERYWHERE!

The ULTIMATE INDIE BUNDLE can help you to get valuable radio airplay, music reviews, spotlight features, video airplay, physical & digital distribution, signed to a record label and much more!

The Ultimate Indie Bundle features:

1100 Publications from around the world that will REVIEW your music!
  3800 Radio Stations and Shows from around the world that will PLAY your songs!
  860 Music Blogs that will feature your music!
  970 Record Labels that are ACCEPTING DEMOS!
  140 CD Distributors!
  180 Digital Music Distributors!
  380 Digital Websites where you can UPLOAD your music!
  28,000 Music Venues, Festivals and Booking Agents!
  Plus 190 cutting edge ARTICLES that will help bring your career to a whole new level!

The ULTIMATE INDIE BUNDLE can help you get your music reviewed, your songs played on the radio and your music distributed (both physically and online) around the world. Listings are from the US, Canada, the UK, Europe, Japan, Australia… and everywhere else!

It can also help you to book gigs throughout the United States and Canada with its massive list of 28,000 venues, festivals and booking agents!

Best of all, because you’re a CD Baby member, you can get the entire set of directories (a value of $329.95) for only $49.95, a savings of $280!

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 03, 2018, 10:02 PM

Hello Gav,

Sorry, I just now came across this.  Seems I get emails all the time from the Indie Bible offering the same things, I believe they started showing up shortly after I opened my soundcoud account.  I haven’t subscribed nor do I anticipate doing so in the near future, heck I ain’t that good.  Best wishes,

Speak soon

Music is an international language, say it with a song.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Deacon Joined Aug 30, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 19, 2018, 06:35 PM

It sounds so extremely good for someone’s as we are ears,that it just might be too good to be true.If somebody has fifty buck to throw, he didn’t know that he has them,please get it and when you get famous and fat,we get on the wagon. Ha,ha.
PS.I like the the big discount.I would like to see the knowing face with the big smile of the recipient of your fifty bucks.

[ Edited: 19 January 2018 06:38 PM by Otto Kristen]

Otto Kristen Joined Jul 26, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 19, 2018, 10:40 PM

http://www.cdbaby.com is a hard-copy compact disc manufacturer. They bought http://www.discmakers.com or vice versa. They’re a legitimate company offering lots of ways to buy product for you to sell your music with. Download cards are one of those, enabling consumers to buy in the form they want to consume in, digital download instead of hard-copy. I think they also offer posters. They offer duplication machines so you can manufacture your own CD’s in the quantities appropriate to keep up with your sales.

The Indie Bible offers the contact data on all those places which might give you some ‘distribution’ in the form of airplay and advertising. Now, do you have a place for the newly aware consumer to come to hear more, to buy your product, and do you have product? Are you being studious, willing to read the articles? Are you playing live, seeking venues to play? Do you know what it means to sign with a record label?

If you and your ‘product’ (you, your merchandise) are ready for the market, this is marketing data and connections which might help you do what you want to do, if you know what you want to do.

If $50 is a lot of money to you you might not be ready. (It’s a lot of money to me!)

But if you are ready to make the transition from hobbyist to company, marketing product, engaging in contractual commerce, booking gigs with bars and clubs and festivals and house parties and colleges and universities and libraries and any and all live play venues and radio airplay, a Performance Rights Organization, perhaps a record label, a publisher, then it might be a good investment in comprehending that transition to own it.

Think of it as a textbook, and you as a student, learning and earning your degree, so you can graduate and get a good job. Have you studied any other textbooks? Have you written out a Commercial Strategy for your Tactical Sequence pf Short-Term Tactical Objectives, steps toward a specific Long-Term Strategic Goal? Maybe you’re not ready yet to think about being a company engaged in commerce. This might be the perfect time to go to school on it.

What else are you going to spend/invest $50 in? Beer? Video game? New tire? Penicillin?

If you try it give us some review of what you find out.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 20, 2018, 10:24 AM

Gary,my friend.always on the dot.Thanks for enlightening me and others.Maybe I’ll try it and than,when I make it big i’ll buy you a new Caddy.
How are you, Gary? Are the muses making love to you?Anything new in your repertoire?I am still piddling with the clean up after hurricane Irma ,which decided to whip a little twister in our bush down here in Fort Myers.Finally I started coming back to do something about some old songs which were sitting around all dusty and scratched of noisy old recording,some only being lyrics and with no clear memory of melody.I guess you know what I am talking about.Nothing new is getting out from the old head.Many times I desire to have enough means to just drive to all the to see you ,pull you out in some nice place with a good live band and have few beers with you.Happy and healthy year 2018 to you,my friend.

Otto Kristen Joined Jul 26, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 22, 2018, 10:41 AM

Otto, the muses? Making love? Well, no, but they’re still flirtatious. Especially the redhead!

There’s always something new in my repertoire. Not every day, like a manufacturer, but frequently enough to make me state with confidence: There will always be another Song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not me?

Thanks for the Caddy and beer! And the band! I feel like we just had them! LOL If there ain’t a Song in that there’s something wrong with us!

See? There the muses are! The redhead’s mine!

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM