yellow mood - instrumental guitar music video

Dec 18, 2017, 04:15 PM

my new one-man-band piece is ready.
here is also included an interesting video that is mounted by my friend.
I need your criticism as usual.
my video producer will be happy if you find a few words for him.
thanks a lot!
Serg.

https://youtu.be/DJn1zudM0TU

Serg Joined Aug 30, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Dec 19, 2017, 06:38 AM

Oh my. What a gorgeous piece, Serg. The video and music go so well together. Both are cruisy. Both are intriguing. A very good match. I love the way the melody seems like it is going to go one way but then goes another. The minor touch in the arrangement is brilliant. There is one part of the mix (a low strum) that seems a little muddy to me. An example of what I’m talking about is at 52 seconds in. It’s almost as if there’s some distortion on that strum. It definitely doesn’t happen every time that strum occurs in the mix though. I noticed it a couple times.

Beautiful work, Serg.

Jen

https://soundcloud.com/jennystokes-nz
http://www.evansandstokes.com

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain”
- Bob Marley

Jenny Stokes Joined Sep 24, 2015
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 30, 2018, 03:15 PM

hi Jen!

I’m very flattered by your feedback, this fact gives me food for further creativity.
I thought that someone would pay attention to this overload. I wanted to do cleaner when I noticed, but I really liked the rest of the mix and I was afraid to spoil it. then I remembered how the first albums of Led Zeppelin were overloaded and calmed down))
I’m glad that you find music and video related, because there are also conflicting opinions.

many thanks,
Serg

Jenny Stokes - 19 December 2017 06:38 AM

Oh my. What a gorgeous piece, Serg. The video and music go so well together. Both are cruisy. Both are intriguing. A very good match. I love the way the melody seems like it is going to go one way but then goes another. The minor touch in the arrangement is brilliant. There is one part of the mix (a low strum) that seems a little muddy to me. An example of what I’m talking about is at 52 seconds in. It’s almost as if there’s some distortion on that strum. It definitely doesn’t happen every time that strum occurs in the mix though. I noticed it a couple times.

Beautiful work, Serg.

Jen

Serg Joined Aug 30, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 30, 2018, 08:33 PM

sounds good Serg! has that 60’s psychedelic pop thing going on. sounds fine as an instrumental, but can hear where vocals could add more to this.

Brad Jaggard Joined Jun 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 15, 2018, 01:55 PM
Brad Jaggard - 30 January 2018 08:33 PM

sounds good Serg! has that 60’s psychedelic pop thing going on. sounds fine as an instrumental, but can hear where vocals could add more to this.

hi Brad,
thanks for the feedback!
In the past, I played bass guitar for many years and sang in a rock band.
I still write lyrics in the native language.
but now I think that music is more versatile than the song.
instrumental music is international and goes through different times.
I started learning to write instrumental music, and so I came here to get criticism as it requires progress )))

Serg Joined Aug 30, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 15, 2018, 08:31 PM
Serg - 15 February 2018 01:55 PM
Brad Jaggard - 30 January 2018 08:33 PM

hi Brad,
thanks for the feedback!
In the past, I played bass guitar for many years and sang in a rock band.
I still write lyrics in the native language.
but now I think that music is more versatile than the song.
instrumental music is international and goes through different times.
I started learning to write instrumental music, and so I came here to get criticism as it requires progress )))

hey Serg!

well as it is, it sounds like its waiting for a melody to lie down in it. everything else is in place.

i too submitted an instrumental. it was definitely a different kind of challenge. the challenge being, keeping it fresh and exciting from start to finish without vocals. introducing new elements as the song progresses, while maybe leaving other previous elements behind. i gave myself an “E” for effort. theres definitely room for improvement.

so with that in mind, if it were my song,  i would maybe add some percussion elements as the song moves along. maybe a snare, some cymbals.  and i can hear where the bass could step out of the box a little more. maybe some lead guitar lines, or keyboard motifs.

dont get me wrong, the music itself is fine, but as a whole it sounds a little two dimensional. there arent any major dynamic movements that make me go “whoa!”. it starts off in a cool place, but it doesnt take me for a ride, if that makes sense.

in short: its a good start.

in My opinion, of course. ;)

Brad Jaggard Joined Jun 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 19, 2018, 10:34 AM
Brad Jaggard - 15 February 2018 08:31 PM

in short: its a good start.

in My opinion, of course. ;)

hi Brad!

there are so many aspects that I need to pay attention to in the process of writing / playing / producing)))
cool that I can do this in my life.

thank you for your advice and comments, I’ll keep this in mind when I continue to work.

Serg

Serg Joined Aug 30, 2017
  • Rank

Send PM