I have an idea, I need your voice, you just need to be from another country, singer or not it doesn’t matter

Jan 07, 2018, 05:59 AM

Hi

I’m reaching out to all of you.

A while ago I was in Germany and spent a week with a few people from around the world, we got on like a Pagoda on fire, and by the end of the week I asked them to send me videos of talking some of their native language, and counting to 8, I was fired up and created this song called Casa Delerious v2.

https://soundcloud.com/cowparsleyman/casa-delirious2-1

I’m happy with the result and feel there is so much more I can do with this idea. I already have a few more songs that I want to put voices from other countries on.

If you are form any country, and want to be part of this adventure, please let me know and we can take it from there. I have lots of ideas…Unfortunately I can’t offer any payment, but you will appear on the credits. The song will only be posted to Soundcloud

Look forward to hearing from you.

CPM

Rich Joined Jan 06, 2018
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 11, 2018, 06:23 PM

I know the distortion is part of the idea, Rich, but I would have liked to be able to hear what they were saying, so that I could try to guess the language. That’s probably just me, though, LOL.

I enjoyed it. Very unusual in a good way. Plus, you had the Carolina Panthers scoring a touch down at the end. They’re my local team.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 12, 2018, 05:24 AM
Gavin Sinclair - 11 January 2018 06:23 PM

I know the distortion is part of the idea, Rich, but I would have liked to be able to hear what they were saying, so that I could try to guess the language. That’s probably just me, though, LOL.

I enjoyed it. Very unusual in a good way. Plus, you had the Carolina Panthers scoring a touch down at the end. They’re my local team.

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your comments, great that you like it, there is quite a selection of different genres on my SoundCloud profile, Classical, dance, pop, electro, folk, I’m not boxed into a genre.

On Casa Delierious, the contributions are in French, Portuguese, Thai, South Korean, Finnish, Austrian, USA and Estonian. Most were recorded by them as an iphone video, sent to me and I plonked them into the song, with a little help from izotope restoration.

I’ll explain a bit about the song ...The idea was to represent each country, so it started with a nod to the orient…Thai, the long vocoder part is the full name of Bangkok, then there is a smattering of French, the Beach part is Portuguese, then it winds up to Korean, and more heavy synths, through Estonian The Banjo piece is the Estonian national anthem, leading through to Hendrix star psangled banner @ Woodstock and the touchdown (it sounds a fantastic game) finishing with a midi file of the blue danube, though independance multi instrument VST.

What I’m looking for are some singers, non singer or ANYONE who wnat to be part of something similar, I have so many ideas, and I’m desparate to capture these, Do you know anyone who might be able to assist?

All they need to be is up for giving it a try, they don’t need to be pro singers, or even sing at all, maybe with an ‘up for it attitude’ They will receive written credit for their contribution, but alas no financial payment.

Thanks for your help, look forward to your response….

CPM

Rich Joined Jan 06, 2018
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 14, 2018, 12:01 PM

Hi Rich! This is a very unusual request and a different type of song. I agree with gavin though, I would like to hear what they’re saying…but if you ever make a video some subtitles would be nice :) Anyway, I do not have a great voice, but I could give it a try if, you’d like. Just tell me what to do. I’m Brazilian by the way and speak portuguese.

nothing to do? Sing a song.
GBcompany

Gabriela Barreto Joined Feb 28, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 14, 2018, 12:38 PM

Hii thanks for your comments, which bit do you find difficult to understand? There are bits that don’t have distortion, do you understand the portugese bit? I have no idea what they said!!!

I have to ask are you female or male?

Obrigado

Rich

Rich Joined Jan 06, 2018
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 14, 2018, 03:13 PM

Oh Gabriela

I must apologise, I replied to you on my phone and I could not see what your name was, I’m so sorry…It sounds so sexist.

The reason I need to know if you are male or female is just to get my head around how you will sound that’s all.

The idea I have for this song is based around stereotypes for sound, for example, Europeans always associate say japanese women with quite, shy voices, but I would like to get one shouting anger into a mic, kind of turn it upside down.

I currently am interesting dance music, well it’s my own take on it, the Casa Delerious v2 is the kind of thing, I’ve just been experimenting with a deep house vibe mixed with a disco groove, sound quite promising, so I’ll use your voice ont hat, have you got any friends that might want to join you, from other countries?

Gabriela, maybe you can send me an example of something in your roughest Brazillian accent, did you live near Fortuleza on the north coast? A friend years ago married someone form there.

Do you have a soundcloud profile?

Thanks for replying. Look forward in working with you.

Rich

Rich Joined Jan 06, 2018
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM