Newbe from across the Pond

Jan 08, 2018, 05:17 PM

Hi every one My name is Mark, just before Christmas I had change of circumstances on two fronts, The first was my eldest daughter falling mentally ill and two about three weeks later I was made redundant which has proved to be a blessing as I have had the time to spend time with my daughter and support my wife and this all lead me to what I do every day I write about it, and in my mind it sounds like song and I do my best to write my thoughts that way. Moving on I started writing when I was thirteen, and not being the brightest thing to fall of a Christmas tree
I found something I felt I was good at it was a poem about the First world war and I have been writing on and off ever since and may i add it comes to me naturally almost a kind of therapy.
Over the years people have said my poems would all ways make good lyrics and I thought I would have ago at being a lyricist and this look like after hours of research a place to start, so wish me luck and I look forward to hearing from every one.

Mark Smith Joined Jan 08, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 09, 2018, 08:09 PM

Welcome aboard, Mark. You should find plenty of support here, and some advice from those who really know their way about the business. I’m not one of them :)

Sorry to hear about your daughter. It hurts so much when our children encounter challenges like this.

Please don’t be shy about joining in and offering your advice and comments to others, including criticism offered in a positive spirit. That’s how you build friendships here, get more feedback on your own stuff and maybe even form cooperative relationships.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM