Any old tune to practice writing lyrics to

Jan 10, 2018, 07:56 AM

I am looking to make a career as Lyricist and I need to do a lot of practice not to mention proving to others. So I was thinking about those who produce tunes would you mind sending me a tune to work on even if it is a tune that you have on file and have no use for , I just need to get practising. Who knows where this may take us?

Mark Smith Joined Jan 08, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 10, 2018, 10:48 AM

Hello Mark,

Good to see you posting in the Forums.  If you don’t mind I would suggest rather than waiting for someone to send you a melody, (it may or may not happen), find a song you like, ignore the lyrics and write your own to that melody, preferably on a different subject.  This is a good practice technique in that it helps you to understand structure, tempo, syllable count, rhyme and squeezing what you want to sing to your audience into a commercially accepted time.  Hope this helps, good luck and best wishes,

Speak soon,

Music is an international language, say it with a song.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Deacon Joined Aug 30, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 10, 2018, 01:10 PM

I see a couple posts down the Collaborate thread asking for someone to do what you’re asking for.

There will always be another song to be written. Someone will write it. Why not you? http://www.garyeandrews.com

Gary E. Andrews Joined Apr 12, 2005
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 10, 2018, 01:28 PM

Thank guy’s for the advice I will crack on with it

Mark Smith Joined Jan 08, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Jan 14, 2018, 12:41 PM
Deacon - 10 January 2018 10:48 AM

Hello Mark,

Good to see you posting in the Forums.  If you don’t mind I would suggest rather than waiting for someone to send you a melody, (it may or may not happen), find a song you like, ignore the lyrics and write your own to that melody, preferably on a different subject.  This is a good practice technique in that it helps you to understand structure, tempo, syllable count, rhyme and squeezing what you want to sing to your audience into a commercially accepted time.  Hope this helps, good luck and best wishes,

Speak soon,

I do that a lot!! Mark have you tried going to kompoz.com? There people put up tracks and can ask for others to write lyrics for them :)

nothing to do? Sing a song.
GBcompany

Gabriela Barreto Joined Feb 28, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM