Lyricist looking for his songwriting match

Feb 21, 2018, 11:10 PM

I have had some luck finding composers on here and together we’ve managed to write some really great songs. The problem is I’m a lot more prolific at writing lyrics than they are at writing melodies (Not their fault, they have more work to do) and so I wanted to see if I could find one or maybe even more people to collaborate with because I love to write songs and hear them put to music.
I work in many different styles and I can write lyrics to music or provide lyrics for melodies to be put to, and I’d actually kind of prefer alternating with both. I’ve written about many different subjects and I have a real ear for finding the right words that work good not only as storytelling, but which would sound good to a tune. I really focus on making sure that the lyrics and the melody fit each other and work together to create a great song, and I like working with people who do the same. I also like working with people who enjoy experimenting and working with different styles and who like to make interesting music. Let’s do something a little different.
I’m easy to work with and to me it’s all about the art, although it probably goes without saying that if you get paid for a song, I would like a cut. But other than that, I just want to make some music and share it with the world. I write so many songs and I’m always writing more and I just love to work with people to bring music to the world. I’m a Bernie Taupin looking for his Elton John.

So if you’re interested feel free to send me a message!

Brandon Haygood Joined Feb 21, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 28, 2018, 06:49 AM

Brandon with respect you should be collaborating with a composer right at

the start of each song       Okay you can write lyrics but you should be writing

lyrics to a musical melody,  Do you play an instrument ???  Do you know Chords

if the answer is no ,  Then thats something you need to put right

The problem is you will not get memorable music to   lyrics that have purely been

written for the eye   Great Songs dont evolve that way , in general

Unless you are prepared to re write lyrics to the direction the music takes

you will only get mundane unmemorable songs  

Hope This Helps

Forty years a Publisher and Fifty Years a Writer , that’s my qualification

PS By The Way Bernie Taupin fully understands what’s required in a hit song

and he was lucky enough to find a brilliant composer who in general works

from a finished lyric by a writer who can sing and understand Hit Music

and believe me that type of collaboration is extremely rare

BEST WISHES

[ Edited: 28 February 2018 06:57 AM by Peter Kristian]

Peter Kristian Joined Jan 11, 2008
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 28, 2018, 01:50 PM

Brandon,

A question I would ask is how many musicians, composers, songwriters, artists, in YOUR HOME AREA are you interacting with? You see, primarily you are involved in a personality driven business. Most people want to first get to know the people they are talking about going into a business relationship, and personality clashes are perhaps the biggest impediments to collaboration. While I wish you luck here, I believe you are going to have more luck actually getting out and MEETING people.

I noticed on another thread here that someone was a lyricist looking for a composer. So you might start there, with someone looking for exactly what you do. Other wise, you will probably find limited prospects on any site.
Good luck to you.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM