Izotope Neutron Elements

2 of 2

Feb 24, 2018, 11:30 PM

Not really, Tony. I think the concepts of mixing and mastering go back to long before computers were involved.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 25, 2018, 05:46 AM
JAPOV - 24 February 2018 11:06 PM
Gavin Sinclair - 24 February 2018 08:43 PM

Neutron is for mixing, not mastering. Izotope Ozone is for mastering. I use that too.

Lol…..... See, that doesn’t make a bit of sense to me. I approach mixing/mastering from a “live sound” perspective so what you hear is what you get. But on a computer I guess every step of the process is a plug-in.

Hi Japov,

Well sort of…I play most of the instruments on my songs Live, that is I sing, guitar, bass, drums, piano, but I don’t have a fender rhodes, a Whirly, or a Jupiter 8 etc, nor can I play a violin, etc, so I plug those gaps with plugin’s.

First i had a Akai multi track reel to reel then for years I had a few desks, then a Korg, then Tascam Digital recorders with lovely faders and knobs, and outboard rack fx,  but I thought I’d try a computer based solution, and it really make the whole thing much more enjoyable, for example, punching in and out is a breeze, importing other tracks is a cince.

I was pleasantly surprised, and grateful that I didn’t need to spend a huge wad of cash on things like a decent compressor.

Have you tried a computer solution?

I guess what you meant is that the take is everyone together playing in a band, playing live?

Regards

Rich

Rich Joined Jan 06, 2018
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Feb 26, 2018, 03:35 AM

Well Izotope is a pretty good company for Music-toys. If you start buying one thing, it´s easy to stop. All of them offer 3 Versions. “Elements”, “Standard” and a “Pro”...

“Neutron” is for mixing, it offers a “track assistant”, to give suggestions on the mixing. If you use multi-track recording, you have to “load” the plug-in on every track separatly.

“Ozone” is for mastering, offers a lot of presets.

“Nectar” is a tool for Vocal Processing. It does offer pitch, presets for Vocals, breath control, harmony function and so on…

I personally find Ozon and Neutron very useful. I don´t really get warm with “Nectar”. I have it, because it was part of the production bündle I bought one or two years ago…

“Izotope” does offer “crossgrade offers” from time to time. So, for example, if you have “Neutron” it´s possible to crossgrade to “Ozone” on a much cheaper price. So you always have to be patient and wait for the right offer.

...every once in a while, I get in the mood or so…and start to play..

http://www.songcycle.org

Martin G Joined May 27, 2009
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

2 of 2