Take Me Back

2 of 2

Mar 14, 2018, 03:53 AM

Well there’s a rough phone recording at my site called “Country”, I think it needs a swing beat.
Have a listen, tell me what you think! :)

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 14, 2018, 09:13 AM

Hey Japov

The track is cool mate, like the vibe and the riff mate.

I fly home from work next week. Keen to run some drums over it for you. Will send it back for you to have a listen when its done mate.

Corbs

Luke Corbett Joined Feb 25, 2018
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 14, 2018, 12:23 PM
Luke Corbett - 13 March 2018 08:34 PM

G’day Japov

Definitely keen to collaborate a track with you. I have GB and looking into recording with it. Not sure yet what I will need to plug into the iPad/Iphone for the best recording sound. The external mic’s on the device don’t seem to give the sound I am looking for. I am sure somewhere I can find an adaptor to plug straight in and play direct to the app.

Let me know if you need drums on your tracks mate. More than happy to jump in.

Corbs

I have no experience recording on an iPhone or iPad but I use a Blue Yeti condenser mic that plugs straight into a USB port. No need for an interface, phantom power etc. I’m sure it’s not as good as more sophisticated set-ups, but it’s a lot better than the built-in mic on my laptop.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 14, 2018, 09:58 PM
Gavin Sinclair - 14 March 2018 12:23 PM
Luke Corbett - 13 March 2018 08:34 PM

G’day Japov

Definitely keen to collaborate a track with you. I have GB and looking into recording with it. Not sure yet what I will need to plug into the iPad/Iphone for the best recording sound. The external mic’s on the device don’t seem to give the sound I am looking for. I am sure somewhere I can find an adaptor to plug straight in and play direct to the app.

Let me know if you need drums on your tracks mate. More than happy to jump in.

Corbs

I have no experience recording on an iPhone or iPad but I use a Blue Yeti condenser mic that plugs straight into a USB port. No need for an interface, phantom power etc. I’m sure it’s not as good as more sophisticated set-ups, but it’s a lot better than the built-in mic on my laptop.

Cheers Gav.

Like yourself I’m looking to get the sound right. Definitely something to look into mate.

Much appreciated.

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 15, 2018, 07:47 PM

hey Luke! got a real good start to a song here. i can almost hear (imagine) the bass and drums and whatnot.

its such a great time to be a musician right now, with the relative affordability and availability of technology that is now available to us. Garage Band is no exception. i personally dont use it (i have a windows PC, run Studio One 3) BUT i have a buddy who does who also has an electronic drum kit, and he has made some Great recordings using just the stock plugins, and limited knowledge of mixing. i’m waiting to hear back from him on his exact setup so i can share with you. in the meantime here’s a link to his page if you wanna listen:

https://soundcloud.com/mark-herz

and heres a couple youtube videos i found that may be useful. they are for Roland Drums, but you should be able to use this info with your Yamaha: https://youtu.be/BEaOsGN_bGk

https://youtu.be/JcrcpgzxpwA

Brad Jaggard Joined Jun 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 16, 2018, 03:53 AM
Brad Jaggard - 15 March 2018 07:47 PM

hey Luke! got a real good start to a song here. i can almost hear (imagine) the bass and drums and whatnot.

its such a great time to be a musician right now, with the relative affordability and availability of technology that is now available to us. Garage Band is no exception. i personally dont use it (i have a windows PC, run Studio One 3) BUT i have a buddy who does who also has an electronic drum kit, and he has made some Great recordings using just the stock plugins, and limited knowledge of mixing. i’m waiting to hear back from him on his exact setup so i can share with you. in the meantime here’s a link to his page if you wanna listen:

https://soundcloud.com/mark-herz

and heres a couple youtube videos i found that may be useful. they are for Roland Drums, but you should be able to use this info with your Yamaha: https://youtu.be/BEaOsGN_bGk

https://youtu.be/JcrcpgzxpwA

Good on you mate.

Appreciate the feedback. I’m about to get on a plane and fly home from work and will check out the links when I get there.
I have recorded a drum track for this song but not happy with the sound quality as it’s just on the voice recorder from my phone. Looking to buy an iRig on the weekend and get it done properly.
Will keep you posted with the demo.

Cheers again mate.

• Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 17, 2018, 11:00 AM

I like the song. The whole vibe of it is cool. I definitely am wanting to hear it build with the addition of bass, drums, and probably electric guitar somewhere toward the end, but if you listen to my stuff that’s kind of my thing…so just my personal preference.

Regarding recording…I personally don’t use Garage Band, but if you’re looking to go the free route I would recommend Audacity. Totally free and pretty robust. I use it all the time.

Good luck! Listening to Groundhog Day now :)

John Evans Joined Oct 01, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 19, 2018, 07:24 PM

update: talked to my buddy. he says he uses iRig from the stereo out into his interface. iRig is billed as a ‘guitar input’ kind of connection, but it works with his e Kit the same.

Brad Jaggard Joined Jun 22, 2016
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 13, 2018, 06:55 AM

I would rather listen to Apple Drum Loops than using a badly recorded drummer,  If you have the time

you can programme the drum track , and the average listener would not know the difference

And the same goes for all the instruments except Vocals . 

Thats the only let down with the digital recording of vocals;  I used to have a Two Track Revox

from E M I Hayes Middlesex as My Uncle was in charge of the Record Pressing Department during

the Beatles early years ,  Analogue Recording Vocals during those years was top class, and has never

been surpassed by anything digital ,

Peter Kristian Joined Jan 11, 2008
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

2 of 2