Dancing Horses

Mar 18, 2018, 03:02 PM

in this slideshow I was just wondering what others thought. Does a slideshow have much of an effect on the listener?

or does it just get in the way of where the listener would go with just the music.

I`ve had some say the show took them in a different way they thought it would just listening to the song.

just trying to get some ideas how to use the slideshow, and when not to. maybe when its directed at a certain thing?

but not to when its a generic”  let the song take you where it will.

I think there is a total difference between a video and a slide show so the impact will be different.

but is there enough difference to “not use the simple slide show?

sometimes its a hard call, I have a song , without a video, and the way its written you all most have to have the video or slide show, I think it helps that much, but thats just me, I think if I put this song up with just lyric and music, no one would know what the hell I was talking about.
This is a video I`m putting together, so its pieces and full of mistakes.. [thats me singing forgive that, as soon as I get some opinions on this I have a real singer.

1. the vocal doesn`t follow the lyric, i changed the lyric, for historic reasons
2. added the intro…good or bad?
3lyric in the video…good or bad?
4. Wanted to add credits at the end, and just a little more historic value to this…good or bad?
Thanks ahead of time if anyone makes it here, and leaves a note.  Vincent

https://youtu.be/K6yxs490W9s

L. Vincent Joined Sep 30, 2007
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 18, 2018, 04:36 PM

Hi L,

I’ve done slide shows, sometimes with a couple of video clips in them. It’s fun to do, but I agree that sometimes it’s hard to decide whether they enhance a song or detract from it. It think it depends a bit on the song and the type of slide show. My feeling is that a slide show is effective for your song. However, I would skip the slides with the lyrics and have only historical photographs, paintings, etc. Of course, that would require a better recording of the vocals so that they are intelligible.

Gavin Sinclair Joined Dec 02, 2014
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Mar 19, 2018, 11:43 AM

no doubt on the vocals, I am just trying to get all the ducks in a row and I`ll have my friend do the arrangement and vocals.
the lyric in the show I was having a little trouble with too, hard to time and meter with the music.  but its just a start, and I`ll keep pounding on it…thanks so much for commenting and taking time to give this a listen Gavin.

L. Vincent Joined Sep 30, 2007
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM