BANNED from “TuneCore”!!!

2 of 2

Apr 08, 2018, 09:42 AM

Japov,

That is a good way to look at it and is true. It is a blessing AND a curse. Being able to touch lives, share what you do with others, and make the world a better place is a great gift. Trying to actually make it count for something in a world where there is less value overall and having hopes and dreams destroyed continuously can be the curse. We all have to find ways to make ourselves credible and viable. And, like golf, it is mostly an adventure in self satisfaction. We have to take our victories.

I had a good victory last night. Last week we had our annual TIN PAN SOUTH songwriter’s festival here in Nashville. It’s been going on all week, with fifteen venues, and around 300 of the top writers and artists, hit monster guys, up and coming artists, songs and people you will be hearing on the radio and seeing on television in the next year. It is an amazing thing to be a part of produced by NSAI (NASHVILLE SONGWRITERS ASSOCIATION INTERNATIONAL) to support lobbying efforts in Congress. It is a huge deal to be selected to play. Out of 600 potential submissions for shows, they pick 30 shows, with around 200 plus writers to perform. All the shows are sold out, and the city really turns out.

Last night was my 21st year as a team captain. I put a show together with my friends and co-writers, Jimbeau Hinson, (Party Crowd, Hillbilly Highway, Setting Fancy Free, around 180 cuts, two number ones and a Grammy Nomination). Ray Herndon (ME and You, a number one for Kenny Chesney, and guitarist for Lyle Lovett’s LARGE BAND) and Paul Jefferson, (That’s as Close as I’ll Get to Loving You, number one for Aaron Tippin, “You’re Not My God”, Written with his friend Keith Urban and on Keith’s last record), and myself.

It was the way you would want shows to be. Standing Room only, filled with friends we’ve known for thirty years, brand new people to town, people we know in other areas of our lives, like several of my neighbors who have just moved to town, and all other types of people. Through out the crowd were several hit writers who had skipped other shows, to be at ours, even coming in before their own.
And a couple of people we have known for many years who now have Cancer and you can tell it was a lot of effort for them to be there.

The show was great, with all of us clicking on all cylinders. The songs kicked butt, many well known from our audiences, standing ovations here and there, a lot of sing alongs, a lot of laughter, and quite a few tears. We gave it everything we had and the audience gave us back. IT was the way music is supposed to be.

And that, really is what music should be. It should touch lives. It should find homes with people who really appreciate it. It is meant to be shared with as many people as you can. And when we get bogged down in the minutia of trying to do all this, the frustration of trying to stay relevant in an increasingly irrelevant world, being able to do something like that can count as a victory.

So I’ll always say to you all. Forget all this irrelevant stuff and make music like YOU want to make it. Get it out there in any way you can and enjoy the journey. It can be a blessing. It can be a curse. But it overall a pretty cool thing to be able to share something you have worked a long time developing with others who appreciate it.

I wish that for all of you. Remember. You don’t choose music. Music Chooses you.

Good luck,
MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 08, 2018, 03:27 PM

Now I can get behind THAT 100% Mr Barnet! :)

JAPOV Joined Jul 02, 2006
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 08, 2018, 03:48 PM

It’s an interesting world. One thing you see over and over among people doing this well is that the LIVE aspect of careers are what are the most important thing. People like Ed Sheeran build their actual career over live touring and merchandising (ARTIST BRANDING) and not sale of physical product. So that is what we all have to keep in mind and work toward building our LIVE and PERSONAL presence in whatever we do.

It is funny how I see so many hit writers and it all comes back to that. The Internet is so crowded with people the reality is the ones who have a LIVE devoted following are the ones that are succeeding. That is what we all have to keep in mind. It is still the “pressing the flesh” of people in the real world.

We have had several panels going on here in the music city featuring producers, musicians, labels and publishers, that keep coming back to that. We are all politicians now and we are trying to get people to “VOTE” for our music, and the live aspect is the one thing that divides the people who succeed and the people who don’t succeed.

So if you are a performer, get out there and PERFORM. If you are not, get out there and find some performers and work with them. You’ll find it can really make a difference.

Hope you get through all your Online stuff Japov. Good luck.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 08, 2018, 04:23 PM

It may just be a matter of how you Define relevance. Neither of us are spring chickens anymore lol! I’m half-blind, arthritic from the chest down, and can’t hit the high notes anymore…. So, this is about all I have left. I’m not complaining, it has been an interesting life!

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 10, 2018, 04:01 PM

Hello Anthony,

Your release is approved and we’re ready to send your music to the digital music stores.

Your release will be out on 20, Apr 2018.

On the day of the release we will send a link to your music on Spotify for you to share with your fans to get you started. Links to your work on the other stores are just a search away.
Artist name: JAPOV
Release title: Stand
Release date: 20, Apr 2018
UPC: 0611056591512

Image Attachments
StandCover copySmall.jpg

• Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM