How do I get pro singers to see my songs?

Apr 01, 2018, 03:13 PM

How do I get pro singers to see my songs. And tell me if they like it or not.

Michelle Marie Strebe Joined Apr 01, 2018
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 02, 2018, 12:33 PM

That is not going to happen until you get to know people. You are trying to start at the middle or top of the line and that doesn’t happen in any business. There are many many things you have to do first.

Get to know people on this site. Meet them, listen to their music, find out about who THEY are and what THEY have been doing.

Meet people in your home area. Music stores, libraries, coffee shops, open mics, talent nights, open stages, writers nights, all of these are places you have to start.

Professionals by very definition have done this usually for years. So they don’t have to work with newer people. And most are always newer people themselves. And you are going to have to physically MEET people face to face in order to start the process.

There are thousands and thousands (actually about 30-60 million) writers and artists out there. There are a BILLION songs a MONTH that are uploaded to the Internet. You are going to have to start at the beginning.

MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM

Apr 02, 2018, 12:53 PM

Michelle,

A little context here. Artists and songwriters (not always the same thing) now get started as early as 12 and 13 years old. They are pretty much every where. Any karaoke night, any amateur song contest, any place that let’s someone get up with a guitar or piano and try to sing a song. They are also on literally MILLIONS of web sites, places like these and many more. So it is closer to ONLINE DATING than anything else.
Most people quit after just a very few years, so they come and go all the time. Always someone new trying to get their music “out there.”

Most do it always as a hobby. 98% of songwriters will never make more than a $1000 in their lifetime and in today’s market place, even some of the successful one’s don’t make a lot more than that.

The question you have to ask is “what do YOU have to listen to?”
Are you a performer?
Are you “out there” performing your songs?
Do you have complete, well polished songs and well produced recordings?
Do you have a variety of people you correspond and write with, mostly people who KNOW more than you do?
What do you do every day for your music?
Have you waited in lines to get up to perform, audition for show, spent time talking to people who have?

You see, before you can start thinking about “getting paid” for any of this, you are going to have to go through this. You are going to have to MEET people physically, face to face.

First step is to find out WHERE people who have your same interest congregate.

Good luck,
MAB

MBarne4908 Joined Jul 29, 2010
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank
  • Rank

Send PM